Aon is looking for a Health and Benefits Consultant/Analyst - Actuary
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting our office in either New York City or Somerset, NJ. As a Health and Benefits Consultant/Analyst - Actuary you will report directly to the Vice President - Actuary.
Please note that applicants with less experience may be considered for an Analyst level role.
Your Impact as a Health and Benefits Consultant - Actuary
This role will assist the lead actuary and consultants on assigned large accounts and manage/lead smaller actuarial engagements.
- Assist in strategy development and costing of scenarios related to strategy discussions
- Work with client to identify relevant cost measures
- Assist in benchmarking discussions with clients, including strategy evolution as a result of benchmarking data
- Understand and project savings/costs related to plan design or provider network changes
- Set, and where appropriate review, health care budget rate for self-insured plans; present results to client
- Review employee contribution rate development; present results to client
- Perform supporting analysis for IBNP reserve development
- Develop models to evaluate cost-saving scenarios
- Assist the team in sales situations, representing the financial scope of work
- Mentor and delegate work to other actuarial students as appropriate
- Develop client reports and correspondence
- Seek and provide peer review to ensure high quality client deliverables
- Solicit credentialed actuarial review where appropriate
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of group systems, products and technology, and have a thorough understanding of how these relate to group insurance consulting
- Develop/Improve general consulting skills, knowledge, and exposure
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Four plus years of health and benefits actuarial work experience
- Previous experience at a Human Resources Consulting firm, Outsourcing firm, Broker or Health Insurance Carrier
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Client presentation skills required
Good communication skills, both written and oral
- ASA actuarial designation or close to acheiving ASA
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Statistics, or related field
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.