Aon Is Looking For a Marketing Intern for its Rewards Solutions practice.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of the Rewards Solutions practice at Aon. This role is available in Jose, CA and includes the following aspects.
Your Impact As a Rewards Solutions Marketing Intern:
By working hands-on with marketing colleagues, the internship program is designed to develop the advanced critical thinking and research skillset needed to prepare college students for advancement in a marketing career.
- Researches, analyzes and monitors industry events
- Performs routine events support including updating the corporate events calendar and events website, maintaining event supplies inventory, and event-specific duties
- Contribute to campaign planning discussions
- Analyzes and interprets email campaign and web traffic data and prepares summary reports
- Support opportunities to improve marketing effectiveness through better audience segmentation and processes; this work will include conducting market research on key regions and emerging markets
- Support the overall health of our Salesforce prospect account and contact database, including data addition, data enrichment and data clean-up; this work will include list pulls, data de-dupe projects, managing data migrations and mass data uploads
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Previous internship(s) experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; must be able to identify problems and solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong research, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills encouraged, including: Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel spreadsheets, word processing, PowerPoint, e-mail and internet tools
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree with a preferred focus (major or minor) in Business, Marketing, Journalism, Hospitality or other related disciplines.
Applications for this role, part of the national Aon Summer Internship Program, should have a target graduation date of December 2020– Summer 2021 and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above.
Aon Summer Internship Program
Aon’s Summer Internship Program provides a unique opportunity for rising college seniors to learn, contribute, and gain real world work experience in a collaborative environment. Interns have the chance to learn more about Aon’s culture and businesses while developing practical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities. The 10-week summer program includes weekly spotlights delivered by Aon business leaders, a community outreach event and networking opportunities with fellow interns and colleagues. The program equips interns with an understanding of working in an environment dedicated to exceeding client expectations and delivering products and services distinct to unique client needs.
A Value Adding Program Development Plan (Curriculum)
In addition to on the job training, our interns actively participate, along with their fellow intern colleagues, in a formal Development Plan. This provides interns:
- An understanding of the basic functions and types of clients within Aon’s businesses
- An understanding of Aon’s ethical standards
- Training geared toward enabling interns to demonstrate an ability to work in a professional business environment
- Opportunities to network with fellow peers, Aon colleagues and executive leadership at program social events and interactive speaker forums
- Opportunities to learn and utilize Aon’s internal systems
- Opportunities to demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills through many networking events
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.