Aon Is Looking For a Rewards Solutions Consulting Analyst Intern
This position will be located in the Chicago, IL office.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Rewards Solutions business group within Aon. Rewards Solutions is part of the Human Capital Solutions practice at Aon.
Your Impact As a Consulting Analyst Intern
By working hands-on with consultants, the internship program is designed to develop the advanced analytical and research skillset needed to prepare college students for advancement into a consulting career.
- Researches and analyzes competitive compensation practices in a defined labor market
- Performs specialized research studies on a range of compensation topics, as specifically assigned
- Analyzes and interprets data and prepares summary reports
- Provides routine, day-to-day support to consultants regarding the interpretation of data and findings
- Maintains and updates compensation and financial databases
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Previous internship(s) experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; must be able to identify problems and solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong research, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills encouraged, including: Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel spreadsheets, word processing, PowerPoint, e-mail and internet tools
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree with a preferred focus (major or minor) in Business, Human Resources, Finance, Economics or other disciplines that foster an understanding of labor markets or employee benefits programs.
- Applicants for this role must graduate between December 2020 – June 2021 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above
Aon Summer Internship Program
Aon’s Summer Internship Program provides a unique opportunity for rising college seniors to learn, contribute, and gain real world work experience in a collaborative environment. Interns have the chance to learn more about Aon’s culture and businesses while developing practical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities. The 10-week summer program includes weekly spotlights delivered by Aon business leaders, a community outreach event and networking opportunities with fellow interns and colleagues. The program equips interns with an understanding of working in an environment dedicated to exceeding client expectations and delivering products and services distinct to unique client needs.
A Value Adding Program Development Plan (Curriculum)
This Provides Interns
In addition to on the job training, our interns actively participate, along with their fellow intern colleagues, in a formal Development Plan. This provides interns:
- An understanding of the basic functions and types of clients within Aon’s businesses
- An understanding of Aon’s ethical standards
- Training geared toward enabling interns to demonstrate an ability to work in a professional business environment
- Opportunities to network with fellow peers, Aon colleagues and executive leadership at program social events and interactive speaker forums
- Opportunities to learn and utilize Aon’s internal systems
- Opportunities to demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills through many networking events
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.