Global Programme Lead & Director – Commercial Risk Solutions Data & Analytics
Aon are currently recruiting a Global Programme Lead & Director – Commercial Risk Solutions Data & Analytics to join our team in London. The Global Programme Lead & Director – Commercial Risk Solutions Data & Analytics will be primarily responsible for;
The development and execution of the Commercial Risk Solutions (CRS) Data & Analytics (D?&A) Strategy as agreed with business leadership. Support plan achievement and build platform for growth and continuous improvement.
Membership of CRS D&A Practice Leadership team
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Global Programme Lead & Director – Commercial Risk Solutions Data & Analytics some of your key responsibilities will be to;
- Build effective processes and relationships and ensure D&A strategies are implemented across the Commercial Risk Solutions (CRS) business. Our focus is to improve the linkage between the business and Data & Analytics Services (inc. Innovation centres/Third parties across Initiative Ideation) Product development and Activation/Monetisation and do so in a sustainable way
- Actively contribute to TOM design and roll out. Prioritise, develop, implement D&A solutions (new & existing), incl. clear business ownership across CRS
- Work with the Global Leader D&A to manage a concise agenda of objectives and priorities; help to build a global (virtual) D&A organisation across CRS
- Design, implement and run a governance model across CRS uniting D&A stakeholders (spanning business units, geographies and central services)
- Work with the D&A participants (D&A Services, Product Leaders, Finance, HR, Marketing, CDO) to coordinate and drive delivery of the D&A strategy on global and regional level.
- Develop a systematic way to identify and document business D&A needs across the 6 identified channels of CRS
- Create reporting to measure and demonstrate D&A value generation across CRS
- Control D&A investments, deliver efficiency gains, consolidate existing revenue channels or develop new revenue generating initiatives together with the relevant stakeholders across D&A services, ABS, Finance etc
- Manage and coordinate interfaces to D&A Services inc. the Innovation Centres, Aon Business Solutions and other D&A stakeholders
- Support the Global Leader D&A to identify talent and resource needs; mobilize investment
- Support Marketing & Communications to raise the profile of D&A solutions in CRS and support the execution of the D&A agenda (Ideation, Development, Roll out and adoption)
Specific Responsibilities 2020
Support and develop revenue generating D&A business models
- Ensure existing revenue models are supported sufficiently to deliver as required
- Design and manage an innovation funnel across the 6 channels of CRS to prioritise ideas with highest ROI prospect and quick wins
- Find mechanisms to scale the application of new initiatives
Create thought leadership and business enriching intelligence
- Enable CRS product leaders to drive the application of analytics and embed D&A in “the way we do business”
- Map and analyse ROI of existing solutions portfolio (global and local solutions)
- Facilitate a client oriented end-to-end development model working with key stakeholders across the D&A agenda at Aon.
Shape a data culture in Commercial Risk
- Work with team to overcome road blocks and achieve continuous improvement for data acquisition and quality
- Create tools to recognize quality data as an asset owned by the business units
- Assess, align and realize opportunities for third party data collaboration
Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Global Programme Lead & Director – Commercial Risk Solutions Data & Analytics your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- Makes timely, fact-based decisions and gives clear direction to teams
- Proven persistence and tenacity to accomplish difficult tasks in multi-stakeholder environments
- Role models leadership and is able to influence with and without authority
- Proven experience as an operator who can execute also under pressure and time constraints
- Relentless seeker of results with proven track record of achieving them
- Highly structured in creating and executing on business plans
- Pushes self and others to try new approaches. Innovative thinker.
- Strong understanding of the Commercial Risk business
- Strong network across Aon
- Can mobilize resources and get around obstaclesT
- Experience in managing complex programs
- Solid understanding of technical data & analytics matters
- Understanding of innovation processes and data management
- Able to use and build a network across solutions lines
- Able to resolve conflicts and collaborate well with senior executives across the organisation
- Comfortable in a wide range of cultural, geographic and operational situations; culturally sensitive
Personal Work Style
- Comfortable to operate autonomously and as a strong (management) team member
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative management style; ability to work with different personalities and remain calm and positive under pressure
- Strong track record in Commercial Risk or similar business externally, inc. innovation life cycle and use of Data & analytics to improve business performance.
- Proven record of implementing initiatives to improve business performance and in developing and sharing best practice.
- A track record of operating successfully in a regulated environment and with a good understanding of risk management, legal and compliance issues.
- Used to working in a highly results oriented and performance driven environment with a focus on excellence. A track record of successfully leading structural and cultural change to deliver innovation in the business.
- Experience in a strong performance management culture, where success is measured and communicated regularly through key metrics.
- Experience of introducing sophisticated systems and new working practices into a business on time and on budget.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, and additional holiday.2466460