Aon Is Looking For A Senior Account Executive – Commercial Surety
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Construction Services business group within Aon Risk Solutions, in Houston, Texas. As a Senior Account Executive, you will report directly to the Managing Director.
Your Impact As A Senior Account Executive - Commercial Surety
- This individual will be charged with growing an established commercial surety book of business in the SouthWest Region of the U.S.
- Ability to retain and grow a book of surety business primarily focused on commercial clients including middle market and global corporate accounts
- Strong technical insurance knowledge and ability to interpret contractual requirements against insurance coverages in force
- Commitment to high quality client service
- Establishes clear roles, responsibilities and performance expectations for client service teams that deliver Aon products and services to each client
- Can work with national and local technical resources to develop new business opportunities
- Directly and by teaming with originators, actively drives client penetration and new business with existing and potential new customers through the introduction of products, services, lines of business and industry expertise
- Increase awareness of the Aon brand in the local marketplace by participating in industry and community events
- Work with producers in the pursuit of new business opportunities and potentially manage these accounts going forward
- Takes ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes, performance and results.
- Can identify current or future problems or opportunities; able to analyze, process and compare information to understand issues
- Able to identify cause/effect relationships and can explore alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Able to remain energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Can seek out, build, foster and maintain productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Can work with others in situations where a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- A minimum of 10 years company commercial surety underwriting, or commercial surety brokerage experience is required.
- Solid understanding of financial and accounting principles and the ability to demonstrate sound business judgment in the evaluation of the financial condition, credit history, experience and character of accounts.
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate complex analyses and information in understandable written and/or oral directives for underwriting or training purposes.
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with clients, surety markets, CPAs, bankers, attorneys, etc. required to build & maintain good business relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and juggle many tasks simultaneously as well as a comfort level in interacting with people in small groups and social situations.
- Technically savvy and experience with diverse computer applications.
- Overnight travel may be required and the ability to frequent client meetings and social or industry events.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.