Aon is looking for a Broker in our Consturction Services Group
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting our Construction Services Group in Chicago, IL or St. Louis, MO.
Your impact as a Broker in our Construction Practice
- Collaborate with team members to develop coverage strategy and marketing initiatives for renewal and prospective business in the Construction practice
- Analyzing client specific risk exposure and details coverage requirements; prepares and presents marketing proposals for renewals and new business
- Negotiates with underwriters to establish best terms and conditions with respect to premiums and coverage
- Continually works to develop thought leadership and expertise in the Construction segment through networking, technical training, and market/industry/client discussions
- Communicates current trends and issues to stakeholders internally and externally
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with the underwriting community with a focus on construction and specialty markets for the ultimate benefit of the client and the practice
- Follows up with insurer to confirm terms of negotiated contract(s) are met
- In conjunction with other team members, prepares, reviews and approves client-ready documentation, including proposals, analysis, comparisons, manuscript policy documents, mid-term changes, new business and renewals
- Provides leadership, mentoring and direction to assist with growth and development of Associate Brokers or other members of the broking support teams
- Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practices
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive responsibility and experience in placing all lines of coverage for commercial risks with specific focus on the construction segment
- Works collaboratively as a key member a team and independently as needed
- Comfortable participating and contributing in meetings with senior to executive level underwriters and clients where necessary
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize competing deadlines
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.