Aon is seeking a Senior Broker
Currently, we have a career opportunity for a Senior Broker in the Aviation Practice. The position is located in New York, NY. As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of Aon’s team in New York City.
Our global aviation experts offer risk management and broking services to the entire spectrum of the Aviation industry including but not limited to airlines, aerospace and general aviation.
Your impact as a Senior Broker
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for assessing client needs, designing solutions and negotiating with insurance carriers to obtain coverage that is in a client’s best interests.
- Identify and analyze client exposures and ensure policy coverage addresses all such exposures.
- Professional who develops and manages client relationships, account strategies and insurance marketing activities.
- As broker, act as a trusted advisor to the client, in broking, designing, selling and servicing a wide variety of accounts including complex risks.
- Provide outstanding and timely service and support to clients during entire broking process and throughout the period of engagement by client
- Creation of submissions for all accounts. Ensuring submission quality to Aon Standards, including details of any midterm changes, new operations, exposure schedules, claims summaries, etc.
- Review and analyze quotes and binders to ensure appropriate coverage
- Calculating complex premium, fees, adjustments and taxes and retain a copy in the file.
- Provide support to relationship managers and originators in acting as a resource and providing support to the Aon network.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the Aviation insurance marketplace, products and services
- Develop and maintain productive business relationships with key insurance underwriters
- Retain and grow assigned clients/prospects
- Recognize and develop opportunities and support growth goals
- Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and ethical behavior in all activities and able to work well in a team environment
- May provide support, guidance and training to other colleagues
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Travel as required for client, prospect and industry events.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of 10+ years commercial brokerage customer service and brokerage support experience or underwriting experience
- Aviation Insurance Experience
- Property Casualty Agent-Broker License
- Computer knowledge: Adept with Microsoft office suite: Excel, Word
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proven collaboration skills
- Strong oral presentation skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex written messages
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong work ethic
- Analytical skills
- Ability to organize a wide range of tasks from various sources and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Committed to delivering the highest level of customer service and quality
- Ability to work independently or within a team-based environment
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.