Aon is looking for a Senior Events Specialist.
Creating amazing corporate events is hard work. It requires a unique mix of skill, humility, grit, attention to detail and a sincere desire to help others. If you’re passionate about producing great events, ready to accelerate your corporate events career in a global professional services environment, and feel like you have the traits listed above, let’s talk!
Here are the details: Events play an integral role in the success of the Rewards Solutions practice at Aon, which is why we’re looking to hire a senior events specialist to join our marketing team in San Jose, CA. In this role, you’ll partner closely with your events colleagues (our senior events program manager and another senior events specialist), other marketing colleagues and subject matter experts from across our practice, to design and deliver innovative and highly-effective in-person and online events.
Today, our team produces more than 50 in-person and online events per year. You’ll help us keep our thriving events program on track by (1) supporting the management and execution of internally- and externally-produced events, with the goal of taking on full ownership of 30% of our annual events, (2) proactively identifying and placing Rewards Solutions speakers into relevant industry events, and (3) owning event setup in our event technology system for online and in-person hosted events.
All planned job responsibilities for the senior events specialist role are listed below. However, listed responsibilities are subject to change based on shifting business needs and additional responsibilities may be added to the role over time.
Event Support and Ownership
Become a trusted member of our events and marketing team by supporting and/or owning delivery of great event experiences. Responsibilities include:
- Support our events team with the production of events from conception to completion with the goal of quickly owning all aspects of the event planning process for select events, which includes design and production, budgeting, venue selection, and logistical support
- Partner with our marketing manager to execute the Rewards Solutions webcast program, including presenter identification, project plan management, vendor coordination, and day-of execution
- Create summary reports for each in-person and online event that outline how individual events met internal and client expectations, how expenses aligned to budget, and how guest feedback can be used to develop improved events going forward
- Recommend event process improvements to drive prospect attendance and leads to meet revenue and lead expectations
- Develop an “event-in-a-box” toolkit alongside the marketing director
- Assist speaker program as needed, which can include organization research, outreach and coordination
- Provide outstanding customer service internally and externally
- Update our corporate marketing calendar and events website on a weekly basis
- Monitor incoming event communications and respond within the same day
- Maintain inventory of event materials and supplies including ordering and shipping
Own event setup in our event management technology system for all hosted events and webinars. Responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain registration websites, electronic invitations and confirmations for each event
- Oversee all aspects of program website design, understanding system capabilities and reporting parameters to ensure data is captured appropriately for reporting purposes
- Set up and run reports, monitor registration status, and process credit card charges/refunds
- Manage online reporting tools to provide internal team with required reporting
- Provide customer service to event attendees via phone or email
- Identify internal and external technology system capabilities for improving productivity and customer experience and/or reducing costs
Strong candidates for this position will be able to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- 3-5 years of experience supporting or managing corporate events in a B2B environment, ideally with a track record of taking on greater levels of responsibility and larger events over time
- Ability to share an impressive portfolio of previously managed events that produced high levels of guest satisfaction and strong business results
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with an ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to detail; this position requires frequent interaction with executive-level staff as well as colleagues in multiple locations
- Confidence and professionalism to engage with vendors and industry organizations
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably with a major in business, marketing, hospitality or tourism from an accredited college or university
- Hands-on experience using Cvent, or similar event management technologies, for event registrations, invitations, tracking, and reports
- Hands-on experience using TalkPoint, or similar webinar management technologies, for event registrations, invitations, tracking, and reports
- Experience using Salesforce, Marketo, Eloqua or other CRM and marketing technologies
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to travel locally and out of the area to provide on-site event logistics support
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.