Communications – Business Development Director
Aon are currently recruiting a Communications Business Development Director. This role sits within our Employee Benefits Team and is an agile role which can be office or home based. Reporting to the Sales Director, the Communications Business Development Director will focus on and deliver communications sales into the Aon Communications Practice; a team responsible for the implementation and delivery of strategic communications and employee experience to support Occupational (DB and DC) pensions, Investment, Health and Financial Wellbeing campaigns, Comp and Reward, Business Changes, Flexible Benefits, Total Reward Statements and other types of employee engagement campaigns.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
The Employee Benefits division of Aon helps companies to engage their employees and enhance their lives through provision of workplace benefits, such as health and wellbeing offerings and workplace savings and financial education.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Communications Business Development Director:
- Securing new business for the Aon Communications Practice via online and off-line communications consulting and delivery across compensation and remuneration communications, total Reward –employee health and financial well-being and retirement communications (both DB and DC)
- Review existing and proposing new varieties of communications
- Provision of strategic communications consulting to include proposition innovation driven by client need
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Excellent market and product knowledge within Communications
- Solid negotiation skills, with a proven track record of securing new business and cultivating existing client relationships within the employee benefit market
- Employee Benefits Communication Consulting experience /industry knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with the gravitas and knowledge to prospect internal client channels across senior level management particularly, C-suite and Senior Reward, Pension Trustees or Human Resource Senior Management
- Commercial understanding of business i.e. market forces, business drivers etc.
- A thorough understanding of different sales processes and methodologies
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application