2467259 - Exposure Analyst, Aon Underwriting Managers, (London, UK)
Aon are currently recruiting a Exposure Analyst to join AUM (Aon Underwriting Manager) at our London office.
Aon Underwriting Managers
AUM undertakes underwriting and claims handling services on behalf of insurers and delivers expertise in specific product ranges or trade sectors. AUM focuses on commercial insurance products across Accident and Health, Property and Casualty, Financial Lines and Marine sectors. AUM fulfils many of the roles of an insurance company - underwrites (evaluates the risks and exposures of potential clients against the insurance covers), prices (determines the premium that is charged to insure that risk), issues policies, mid-term adjustments and renewals and on some facilities, manages the claims handling and settlement.
AUM has an in-depth understanding of the diverse range of solutions that we offer and our insurance products are specially designed and unique to Aon.
The FCA’s Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR) applies to Aon from December 2019 and this role is subject to the relevant requirements of the Regime. The primary aim of SM&CR is to drive individual accountability for all roles within the Financial Services Sector. Aon must ensure those in senior roles, with the potential to cause significant harm to customers and the business of the firm, are deemed to be fit and proper at all times and also to ensure everyone working in the sector adheres to a set of Conduct Rules and are held to account where they do not meet the right standards of behaviour
About the Role
Your impact as Exposure Analyst:
- Managing the delivery of Monthly reports to External and Internal stakeholders. This includes managing the quality and completeness of data as well as running of AIR Touchstone Models.
- Becoming the main contact for all Single Account Modelling projects (SAM) throughout the organisation.
- Acting as the senior team member for all SQL work including undertaking changes and implementing new processes
- Assisting the Underwriting and Broking communities in completing the Quote process from an Aggregate and Modelling perspective
- Maintaining disciplined business processes, engaging with Underwriters to ensure timely and complete collection of risk and placement data
- Managing and resolving queries as necessary as a key contact for off-shore teams, coordinating with relevant business units and central internal resources
- Responsibility for maintaining regular Management Information reporting on progress and status of current position of a number of facilities and SAM projects
- Assisting with continuously improving business processes and operational efficiencies when performing tasks
- Supporting other Central Broking initiatives as required in support of Aon’s global Broking and Structured Portfolio Solutions strategy
- Supporting the remaining Exposure Team across a number of facilities
Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Highly organized and process driven, with an ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Proven experience in an Aggregation/Modelling Role, preferably at a Lloyds Syndicate
- Knowledge and experience of Probabilistic Modelling. Experience of AIR a benefit but RMS experience will be considered
- Proven SQL coding ability and the vision to see and implement ideas to automate the exposure management process
- High level of proficiency of Microsoft Excel would be advantageous
- Aptitude to develop and maintain effective business relationships both in person and over electronic communication
- Educated to a Degree standard or equivalent office experience
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application