Aon is looking for a Pension Administration Consulting Manager
Aon is looking for a Pension Administration Consulting Manager. As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Pension Administration business group within Aon in Lincolnshire, IL
Your impact as a Pension Administration Consulting Manager
As a Pension Administration Consulting Manager, the qualified candidate will be working within the Retirement and Investment Pension Administration Group, which is responsible for providing defined benefit administrative services to over 300 clients using proprietary software. Day to day management of a specific client or clients, assisting with implementations, managing special projects, delegating work among colleagues within a project, and acting as a mentor and role model are key responsibilitie.
- Consult with client on special projects such as nonstandard benefit calculations, benefit statements, changes to requirements, special programs or other administrative requests
- Handle benefit plan administration and management of special projects associated with defined benefit plans for various clients
- Knowledgeable of client contract components with the ability to recognize out-of-scope work
- Ensure that measures established jointly by Aon/client are met for items such as: Calculation turnaround, Phone call returns, Benefit payment entry, Assist in collection of data for client billings
- Responsible for quality control of the client's pension calculation system
- Maintain current knowledge of client specific plan provisions
- Broaden knowledge of defined benefit administration rules
- Maintain client databases and benefit calculation log
- Assist in creating project timelines and ensure that deadlines are met
- Assist in the collection of data
- Analyze plan provisions
- Review and perform benefit calculations
- Respond to member/participant calls and facilitates requests
- Coordinate monthly pension payments with trustee
- Consult with employee on pension plan provisions and payment elections
- Act as a role model for other colleagues by exhibiting the values of the firm, displaying benefit of the doubt, integrity, and initiative
- Coaching colleagues regarding plan specific issues and technical competencies; this includes all colleagues working on clients, mentoring new colleagues, and more formal team training
- Act as a role model for soliciting and providing positive and constructive feedback
- Assist in ensuring that work is evenly distributed among the team
- Assist with the set-up and testing of the of proprietary software for new clients according to the plan provisions and administrative requirements
- Assist with the development of plan administrator documents
- Customize employee communication material
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working with pension, defined benefit plans/administration
- Demonstrated project management, client consulting, and team management skills
- Review of legal documentation/understand and communicate effectively any new rules/regulations to clients
- Consulting background highly preferred
- Pension formula knowledge required
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.