Client Manager – Global (Chelmsford, UK)
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Aon Global is currently recruiting an experienced Client Manager to join our growing team in Chelmsford.
As a Client Manager within Global your key responsibilities will include leading the day-to-day management and renewal of a large and complex multi-national account portfolio, whilst supporting the Client Directors in the strategic and financial management of our global client relationships.
Key Elements of Role :
Client Relationships & Meetings
- Build strong multi-layer relationships with clients and future clients, meeting different risk owners, decision makers and influencers during the course of the year.
- Develop strong relationships/partnerships and execute strategies with each client.
- Manage client’s expectations, keeping them informed of progress and communicate with them as appropriate
- Ensure minutes are issued in a timely manner and actions progressed and managed through the “work in progress” tab of the Client Promise delivery tracker.
- Network in the business community to enhance relationships.
- Coach client to Interact with Insurance market
- Build and maintain a good understanding of each client’s business including financial performance, objectives, market perception, products and services, management structure and key personnel
- Build and maintain a good understanding of each clients’ industry including general industry issues
- Come fully prepared for the internal discovery meeting
- Develop an understanding of client Risk Register
- Provide guidance and input to Risk and Insurance Advisers to ensure that powerful and high quality documents are delivered to clients and future clients.
- Create powerful presentations. Lead persuasive and impactful delivery of Aon content to clients and future clients. Utilising technology and social media as appropriate
- Develop strong presentation skills including Board presentations
Growth & Revenue
- Ensure all activity is recorded accurately and managed within expected timescales
- Support any new business activity
- Ensure payment is made by clients within agreed timescales and support the credit control process
- Negotiate internally with other divisions and teams to ensure that the best of Aon is delivered to clients and future clients.
- Keep Client Director fully informed of activity and provide periodic updates of all work in progress
- Communicate with all divisions of Aon to keep abreast of current and potential activity across Aon
- Use the One Brief, and the Client, Aon, and Media Conversations to stay well informed and to support meaningful conversations internally and externally.
- Manage client and internal projects
Contribute to Team
- Develop and support less experienced team members through coaching and mentoring
- Work with your local Leadership team to develop a working environment where colleagues feel positive, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Responsible for adherence to business processes, systems and procedures (including usage of e.g. applicable client service model, applicable insurer online platforms) and Aon insurer security policies where relevant.
- Working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Client Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- Commercial understanding of business and the insurance market
- Strong technical knowledge in all major and pecuniary classes
- Good negotiating, listening and communication skills
- Adaptable, focussed and self disciplined
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office and IT systems
What we’re looking for in you:
- An enthusiastic and innovative team player
- Ability to handle significant workflow through efficient time management and organisation
- Ability to use IT systems to efficiently to deliver client service
- Self-motivated and willing to use own initiative
- Ability to find creative solutions to new problems as they arise
- Integrity and working in a way that positively impacts our clients, colleagues and communities
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.