Aon is looking for a Safety & Risk Control Manager
We have an excellent career opportunity for a Safety and Risk Control professional, working as a Risk Control consultant to Aon's clients. This position may be based out of the Los Angels or San Francisco, CA offices, and allows the consultant to work virtually.
- Completing diagnostic loss analyses and qualitative reviews to identify trends for maximum safety and risk improvement impacts for our clients.
- Conducting risk assessments via client interface (including safety/prevention program review, site observations and client interviews) with a focus on safety, risk, and loss control
- Developing and implementing risk management and injury prevention strategies (long and short term) and supporting tactical plans to control risk related incidents and costs.
- Using project management skills to assure goals and objectives are appropriate and aligned with services delivered to exceed client expectations.
- Setup and schedule client site visits as required by Aon service agreements.
- Delivering onsite visit and project reports summarizing services delivered and measurable results achieved. Communicate observations and risks, provide practical recommendations for elimination of risks, and create professional client service reports.
- Provide Aon’s team with the level of safety and risk knowledge and experience for delivering a high level of value to Aon clients.
- Working collaboratively with teams including 1.) casualty claims staff to execute initiatives for post loss strategies and 2.) insurance carrier representatives where appropriate. Teams are virtual in many cases.
- Supporting business development to Aon offices. As requested, aid with development of presentations and materials required for client proposals. Assist the team by participating, as requested, in both existing and proposed client presentations.
- Within skills and ability, provide clients with training when requested or assist clients in finding alternative training resources.
- Develop, write, and implement OCIP Safety Manuals.
- Review client safety programs and provide recommendations for improvement. Assist as necessary in the development of client safety and risk programs.
- Areas of focus include: Construction project safety and risk, Workers’ Compensation, Ergonomics, Fleet/Driver Safety, General Liability
- Mentor, coach, train other team members to aid professional development. Provides input into the associate’s goals and performance appraisals
- Oversee Safety and Risk Consulting service in the region that includes managing of at least one other safety consultant.
- Work with various account administrators and produces within the Aon network to provide client services.
- Ability to interpret a variety of data (loss information, statistics, etc.) to create client-facing, complementary strategic and tactical improvement plans
- Capacity to evaluate complex circumstances and adapt in “real time” as situations and other’s opinions evolve
- Ability to review or create various safety programs as requested by clients or provide clients with guidance on how to develop programs
- Capacity to work effectively on multiple tasks at any given time with minimal supervision and with deadlines
- Understanding of various stages of construction and the risks inherent to each stage
- Ability to effectively communicate with both client management and staff to assist with eliminating actions and risks that might lead to an injury or loss.
- The ability to work with various trades to foster a spirit of cooperation and team work in developing an effective safety and risk culture through use of best practices
- Ability to interpret various safety and health regulations or seek guidance from other sources to provide clients with answers to regulatory compliance concerns
- Demonstration of exceptional writing and presentation skills
- Utilizing their area of skill and knowledge, the ability to develop and deliver client presentations
- Provide reports directly (in person) or in writing to improve clients’ risk potentials at construction sites
- Level of skill to produce OCIP Safety Manuals, safety programs, and evaluate existing programs for regulatory compliance
- Ability to work with a diverse group of customers to create a team environment for obtaining a favorable conclusion.
- Understanding of the work performed by various trades at a level where hazards can be identified, and workable recommendations can be communicated.
- Basic skills in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Ability to create spreadsheets, professional correspondence, presentations, and charts.
- Multiple construction industry experience – manufacturing, commercial, healthcare, hospitality, retail, and residential
- Ten or more years in safety/risk management in the Construction industry and/or as an insurance consultation focused on Construction. Some General Industry experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently, skilled in time management, and experience setting work schedules that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Some experience working in the insurance or broker industry
- Bachelor Science/Art or Master Level in Safety, Occupational Health, Engineering or related technical major
- Professional certifications: A CHST (Construction Health and Safety Technician). A CSP (Certified Safety Professional) a plus
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.