Aon is looking for a Director In New York.
Summary: The role is for an individual with a strong analytics background optimally in catastrophe modeling. In addition to overseeing catastrophe modeling projects, this individual will work as a member of the Accident, Health and Life (AHL) reinsurance team, building out an analytics suite, participating in meetings with key clients and working on the placement of new and existing reinsurance programs. . Directors have a wide variety of experience across types of business and clients. Directors have successfully navigated several cycles of model enhancements and updates and can anticipate their impact on the industry and their clients..
- Lead catastrophe modeling contact for a number of Leader within client teams with respect to account management and strategy, with extensive broker and client interaction
- Recognized expert in one or more lines of business, with AHL expertise viewed as a plus. Applies that expertise across the team and looks for synergies across client ba
- Understands the broader global insurance and reinsurance market, and how changes in the modeling environment impact our
- Significant contribution in client, broker, reinsurer negotiations for pricing on reinsurance programs
- Solid understanding of Reinsurance Solutions’ suite of products, services, and capabilities, helping deploy other analytical resources when it is recognized the client can benefit
- Coordinates with other team members to ensure clients’ needs are being met and resources are not overlapping or con Has an understanding of workload across the entire team and can anticipate issues and respond as needed.
- Takes initiative on internal projects to improve processes, products or services
- Participate in client, broker, or reinsurer negotiations for pricing on reinsurance programs
- Become leader with broker teams on revenue growth opportunities, either organic or new business
- Includes very high level of ownership of RFP responses, up to and including writing the document or deck
- Assist brokers on illustrating value proposition to clients
- Can identify problems in the relationship between resources and revenue on a particular client and works to correct
- Develop improvements in processes and capabilities for own clients, and then being able to leverage and expand to all of Reinsurance Solutions
- Produce content that is new and innovative, that brokers can use to help sell Reinsurance Solutions to clients and prospects – this can be line of business specific, industry, analytical tools, white papers,
- Become recognized industry expert, for example, by speaking at internal or external conferences.
- An undergraduate degree in mathematics, data science or similar analytic focused field is preferred, with 7 plus years in the (re)insurance industry
- Knowledge of catastrophe modeling is preferred, but in the absence of that familiarity with other analytics tools and the ability to perform financial analysis
- Strong communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong aptitude for problem solving and ability to develop new and innovative ways to expand analytics applications
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.