Aon is currently recruiting a Catastrophe Modeller to join our Global Re Specialty Catastrophe Analytics team in London.
Aon's Catastrophe Management team is the best regarded of its kind. The team sits within Aon and provides clients with advice on their exposures to all natural perils and manmade Catastrophe events including terrorism and cyber.
The Catastrophe Management function within Aon reports directly into the business, offering clients expert insight into their catastrophe portfolios, as well as advising on optimised risk transfer. The structure of the team has been refined to ensure high quality value added catastrophe services are delivered to clients, whilst opening up additional career development opportunities for team members. Catastrophe management is now part of market-facing broking teams; UK/Ireland, EMEA, Japan and Global Re Specialty.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Reinsurance Solutions, a division of Aon plc, is the world’s leading reinsurance intermediary and full-service capital advisor. We empower our clients to better understand, manage and transfer risk through innovative solutions and personalised access to all forms of global reinsurance capital across treaty, facultative and capital markets. As a trusted advocate, we deliver local reach to the world’s markets, an unparalleled investment in innovative analytics, including catastrophe management, actuarial and rating agency advisory. Through our professionals’ expertise and experience, we advise clients in making optimal capital choices that will empower results and improve operational effectiveness for their business. With more than 80 offices in 50 countries, our worldwide client base has access to the broadest portfolio of integrated capital solutions and services.
About the Role
Catastrophe Modeller – Global Re Specialty - Catastrophe Management
Working as a member of the Global Re Specialty Catastrophe Analytics team, your role as a subject matter expert and catastrophe modeller would have a specific sector/business focus towards projects for the Marine/Non-Marine Retro and Specialty Composite clients.
Offering a client facing role within a collegiate team environment, the responsibilities and duties will include:
- Managing cat analytics client relationships, establishing and maintain strong relationships with reinsurers, clients, and colleagues
- Gathering and preparation of cat exposure data for assigned client projects
- Assess client exposure data quality and make necessary assumptions for modelling; analyse changes in exposure and the associated impact of cat model results
- Model the probability distributions of the gross/ceded/net results using AIR, CoreLogic, RMS and other vendor cat models in conjunction with Aon Analytics proprietary software, such as Impact Forecasting
- Analyse how the distribution of results and relevant risk measures change as a result of application of various proposed reinsurance options; report on analysis results to brokers and clients
- Opining on the strengths and weaknesses of differing catastrophe models and assisting clients in forming bespoke views of risk
- Respond to client queries and concerns, resolving issues promptly
- Articulate the value of Aon Analytics to clients and brokers, ensuring this value is recognised by the business
- Coordinating and presenting in catastrophe RFP tender presentations to win new business for Aon
- Work collegiately with colleagues across all Global Re Specialty business
Requirements: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Must have strong proven relevant experience in catastrophe modelling
- Comprehensive working knowledge of RMS and / or AIR
- Demonstrated effectiveness in presentations
- Be competent with using and writing MS SQL queries and / or Python coding
- Be able to trouble shoot problems, communicate results and associated model methodology to clients, brokers, and colleagues, as required
- Strong computer skills for using Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Exposure to GIS Software is desirable e.g.:(MapInfo, ArcGIS)
- BA/BS in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Natural Hazards
Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management
Frame working, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including