Aon is looking for a Head of Project Portfolio Management
Aon Affinity is currently seeking a skilled, experienced leader for its newly formed Portfolio Management Office to oversee its portfolio of strategic initiatives. This is a newly created role and will lead consolidation efforts, the Accelerate program (Affinity’s business change program) and the day-to-day portfolio of projects. These initiatives span Affinity’s entire business and are a mix of IT and Non-IT projects with a likely spend in excess $30MM in 2020.
Ideally the role will be based in Greater Philadelphia, PA, with some travel and remote working.
This is a high-profile role reporting to the COO. In this role, the successful candidate will be expected to lead and manage delivery of the program and project portfolio, coordinating day-to-day interactions within the Affinity business, IT Leadership, functional, and internal change teams as well as our strexternal partners and other Aon resources.
The candidate must be an experienced and skilled Project Portfolio Manager with solid business transformation experience. The ideal candidate will previously have led large complex programs and may have previously managed a Portfolio Management Office. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a complex, matrix environment, be able to drive outcomes, partner to gain consensus, be objective, accurate, and provide actionable suggestions to program sponsors and steering committees.
Your impact as a Head of Project Portfolio Management
- Enable the efforts of Affinity Executive Leadership to establish an enterprise project portfolio definition, structure and processes, including demand management and alignment of projects and programs to portfolio categories aligned with the strategic objectives of Aon Affinity.
- Conduct monthly reviews with Affinity Leadership to validate and assess the project portfolio, execute change, and reprioritize to meet business needs as required.
- Ensure the oversight and coordination of dependencies across the projects and programs in the portfolio, resolving or escalating conflicts as needed.
- Manage the overall portfolio spend within Affinity budget limits in coordination with the executive leadership team.
- Lead periodic reviews of significant strategic initiatives, as well as projects that are identified as being in difficulty and provide recommendations to executive leadership on whether they should continue, be changed, or canceled.
- Lead the development of standard communications and reporting around the project portfolio.
- Direct the creation and maintenance of the required project portfolio documentation and artifacts including the introduction of standard tools and templates.
- Implement a structure to track and encourage benefit realization across the portfolio.
- Contribute to performance reviews for project and program managers.
- Partner in the ongoing improvement of project management processes.
- Manage, mentor and grow team members
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 10+ years of Project and Program Management experience leading projects in Financial Services Sector. Ideally will have set up or run a Portfolio Management Office.
- 5+ years of experience leading and delivering cross-functional, business transformation projects and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in dealing with ambiguity and creating partnerships across business areas to deliver outcomes.
- PMP / Lean / Agile Certification preferred.
- Previous experience with deployment of project portfolio management software and tools is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.