Financial Assistant Accountant
Aon are currently recruiting an Assistant Accountant to join our team in London. The Senior Accountant will be primarily responsible for governance and quality assurance over financial reporting.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as an Assistant Accountant:
- Responsible for providing management and statutory financial information to the Aon UK Limited Executive Committee, the Aon UK Limited Board and Audit Committee.
- Work with the Controllers organisation and the Finance community to identify key areas of existing and emerging risk and advise on appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Support the financial policies dissemination to the wider UK Finance community, ensuring policies are appropriately updated.
- Actively support the control environment over SMCR responsibilities, ensuring that the level of controls maintained is appropriate for Senior Management and Certified Persons to demonstrate meeting their responsibilities.
- Assist in the successful implementation of the COND2.4 annual exercises, providing meaningful analysis and challenge on the scenarios used for modelling. Work with the Financial Reporting team in order to produce appropriate financial forecasts for modelling.
- Working with the Controllership leadership team on key strategic projects that affect the Aon UK Limited business to address and advise on known and emerging risks to the UK Finance function and ensure compliance with key Corporate accounting policies.
- Plan and co-ordinate the UK annual dividend process, engaging with key stakeholders and ensuring all dividends are paid as planned.
- Support the UK statutory accounts process and ensure that the timeline is adhered to and that key stakeholders are kept updated, act as central point of contact.
- Support on ad-hoc projects as required.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Part or newly qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent), Internal/External Audit experience preferred.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in financial controls and project management.
- Insurance or brokerage industry experience preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate influencing/advisory skills essential.
- Ability to demonstrate good verbal, organisational and communication skills, good report writing skills.
- Ability to think laterally and identify risks.
- Experience of working independently on project-based tasks and delivering required results in a timely manner.
- Excellent excel skills (desirable).
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.2467426