Aon is looking for a Head of Business Platforms, Growth Enablement
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as Head of Business Platforms, Growth Enablement. The scope of this role is global, and consideration will be given to candidates across any of Aon’s major offices.
Your impact as Head of Business Platforms, Growth Enablement
The Head of Business Platforms – Growth Enablement is responsible for designing and building business platforms that integrate technology and operations to deliver more globally consistent operating models that support accelerated growth across the firm. This leader appointed to this role will partner with a number of senior executives including Aon’s Delivering Aon United (“DAU”) leader and Chief Marketing Officer as well as the CIO – Growth Enablement, regional COOs and other Global Operations leaders to ensure business platforms are aligned to commercial objectives and integrated into our Client Service Hubs, enabling us to benefit from standard processes and global scale. In this role, the leader will collaborate with Account Executives, Consulting, and Sales and Marketing leaders to explain and demonstrate the value of DAU capabilities and will provide influence or oversight of five growth enablement teams.
Develop O&T enabled business strategies
- Establish common methods, frameworks, and tools for assessing current operating environment
- Evaluate new and emerging business models and advise leaders on operations and technology implications
- Conduct hypothesis-driven business analysis and opportunity identification
- Document commercial objectives and
align with strategic and tactical intent
Develop rationale for change and align key stakeholders
- Develop guiding principles and align stakeholders on approach
- Define financial and operational measures of success
- Develop preliminary business cases and deliver to Aon Investment Committee (AIC)
Design operating models and align platforms
- Document value chains as well as current and future capabilities
- Identify gaps and develop buy-build-partner options
- Quantify investments and refine business case
- Design future operating model aligning organization, process and capabilities, and technology with business strategy
- Align platforms within and across portfolios to create shared capability and asset leverage
- Establish measures of success including metrics and KPIs
Develop roadmaps and support execution
- Develop portfolio and product roadmaps to support the future operating model
- Develop detailed plans considering investment sequencing, change readiness, and interdependence
- Conduct proof-of-concept testing and adjust as required
- Develop change management and communications plan
- Establish governance and mobilize team
- Drive execution in partnership with COOs and Operations
- Develop strategy and execution roadmap for Growth Enablement business platform area
- Partner with senior executive and other key stakeholders to design, build, and implement business platforms
- Influence or oversight of growth enablement teams
- Pursuit & Creative: proposal assistance, finalist presentations, capability presentations, videos, client promise, renewal documents, program reviews
- Client Promise Operations: client promise planning, process change communications, program results, documents and standards aligned to client promise
- Sales Excellence & Value Articulation: execute DAU and regional growth strategies, plan and deliver training, support pricing strategy, assist with profitability analysis
- Sales Operations: manage client research team, audit and data cleansing, end-user system support, end-user adoption, local resource planning, training and collaboration
- Sales Analytics: penetration grid, predicting winning behaviors, targeted product and service offerings, analysis and management reporting
Core Competencies & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and +12 years of experience in sales and marketing aligned operations role
- Experience in account management with a solid understanding of process and operations issues and implications
- Leadership role in a company with multiple divisions where influence and collaboration skills are critical to success
- Experience designing, building, and deploying operating models across multiple geographies
- Excellent communications skills and experience managing complex change programs
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.