Aon is looking for an Account Executive
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions in Chicago, IL. An emerging leader who is responsible for the day-to-day, account management of Aon’s relationships with assigned clients as their primary role. Leads client service teams to identify and meet client needs and thereby retain and grow a profitable book of business. Through service, pricing, consultation and reporting, promotes the value Aon delivers to clients.
- Retains and grows Aon’s business, cultivating relationships with senior-most client decision-makers in the client organization as well as with day-to-day client contacts. Facilitates critical relationships between clients, Commercial Risk and insurers.
- Develops and manages the implementation of Client Promise Plans for each client, including a specific business plan aimed at Commercial Risk revenue growth.
- Ensures client service team understanding of client needs, service delivery methods, and the economic framework relevant to services delivered. Leads stewardship planning and delivery which is also the Client Promise Review.
- Ensures overall account profitability with a value-based approach for the scope of service and costs associated with the Client Promise Plan.
- Negotiates Aon compensation for services, whether fee or commission-based, accordingly. Ensures that the full value of involved Commercial Risk specialists and practice groups is promoted.
- Understands and works in alignment with the Aon Leadership Model and its pillars of Client Value, Unmatched Teams, Innovation, Results and Values. Establishes clear roles, responsibilities and performance expectations for client service teams that deliver Aon products and services to each client. Ensures that team members meet their responsibilities and seeks changes in team composition as appropriate.
- Drives the renewal process, assembling the appropriate team to develop and implement the client-specific renewal strategy.
- Coordinates with Brokers in the development and delivery of renewal strategies. Assigns appropriate processes to Aon Client Services (ACS), if applicable.
- Directly and by teaming with originators, actively drives client penetration and new business with existing and potential new customers through the introduction of products, services, lines of business and industry expertise.
- Follows the Discovery Process of Client Promise to identify each client's needs and develops a Client Promise Plan to help clients achieve their goals and objectives. Serves as a resource of industry, product or market area expertise to internal and external clients.
- Manages input to and follow-up on invoicing and receivables process for assigned clients, ensuring timely collections. Ensures that account data supports the integrity of company accounting and tracking systems. Manages expenses.
- Typically at least 5-10 years of appropriate insurance experience, coupled with project and account team management experience. Good negotiations skills.
- Good working knowledge of the insurance business and the assigned clients’ needs as well as all major lines of business.
- Proficiency in PC office products such as Word, Excel. Power Point and Outlook is required.
- Evidence of ability to become proficient in the use of Aon specific software tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.