Aon is looking for a Senior Business Technical Analyst – Voluntary Benefits Marketplace
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions. This role can be based in either Chicago, IL, Lincolnshire, IL, Farmington, CT, or Hartford, CT.
Your impact as a Senior Business Technical Analyst – Voluntary Benefits Marketplace
The Senior Business Technical Analyst is responsible for gathering/capturing requirements, handoff User stories, define acceptance criteria, assist User Testing to ensure a quality product is delivered.
The colleague will be aligned to Voluntary Benefits Enrollment Solutions Business Unit under Aon Health Solutions. (S)he will be responsible in gathering requirements in relation to a building a Voluntary Benefits Marketplace platform.
The Marketplace build will include:
- Host multiple Voluntary Benefits products from different Carriers on a single platform
- Marketing and Campaign Management to subsequently track consumer interests and responses including non-responders
- Consumer can choose Carriers and Plans based on availability and personal need
- API interaction with Voluntary Benefit Carriers to exchange Plan and Consumer data
- Enhanced Website experience with UI/UX to host multiple carriers/plans in a single platform
- Lead Business requirements discussion to implement the Premium Administration platform
- Liaison between Business Product owners and Technology team
- Work with the UI/UX Design team to shape the product vision
- Support the Business Product Owner in the management, refinement, prioritization, and transparency of a product backlog.
- Document requirements and specifications for existing and new products and carriers.
- Gather business partner’s processes, gaps, and challenges and converts that knowledge into effective and efficient solutions (i.e. requirements/user stories) that meet business objectives. Writes and discusses the user stories to gain agreement and understanding of the requirement
- User requirements (user story), functional and nonfunctional, documentation to pass on requirements knowledge to the technology delivery team. Answers questions and works closely with the project team and business team throughout development. Participates in daily scrum meetings
- Defines the acceptance criteria for each user story item. Reviews test coverage to ensure that tests incorporate acceptance criteria, both functional and non-functional. Consults on the best approach for using a realistic test environment, covering key business processes and risk areas.
- Ensure products meet user requirements and translate user requirements to the Technology team.
- Support User Acceptance testing
- Continually retrospect, identify lessons learned, evaluate completed tasks and make process improvements based upon successful and unsuccessful project elements. Develop best practices to share.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 8+ years’ experience as a Business Technical Analyst or in similar roles.
- Good understanding of UI/UX/Website build Requirements documentation, Marketing Campaigns.
- Experience in Voluntary Benefit Programs and/or Health Insurance Technology Solutions
- Experience in Agile methodology of Product Delivery
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Extensive experience working with clients and users.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse and remote teams.
- Successful track record of delivering technology projects of very high complexity.
- Ability to structure and communicate needs, requirements, and solutions in a business context for business stakeholders.
- Scrum, Agile certification is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.