Aon is looking for a SOX Compliance and Financial Controls Manager
This role plays a leadership role within Aon’s Global SOX compliance team. Responsibilities include:
- Articulating the Vision by the Global SOx team, Growth mind-set for continuous control improvement and Championing SOx goals;
- Championing SOx as a value-adding activity throughout the organization and to senior management;
- Risk Assessment and annual SOx Plan proposal for Senior management and Steering Committee approval for all processes within his/her scope;
- Providing guidance and education to the SOx control assessors, local management or control owners (if needed by the local country SOx coordinator) on the proper design and rationalization of controls;
- Alignment of controls best practices;
- Enforcing quality standards for documentation and providing the templates if necessary to evidence the performance of the controls to local management;
- Advising process owners and/ or country SOx coordinators on remediation efforts following collaborative discussion with Internal Audit and EY;
- Communicating timely the deficiencies across the organization (or responsible key stakeholder/s) i.e. Regional Controller, CFO;
- Overseeing testing and reporting of results to executives and to the regional team on a regular basis;
- Drive and track the timely remediation of deficiencies; Evaluating open deficiencies at year end for financial statement risk;
- Vetting significant process changes with the SOX Steering Committee for appropriate design and controls prior to implementation;
- Ensuring processes are in place to strengthen the internal control environment across the organization;
- Management of SOX assessors for in-scope processes, ensuring that: Global SOX deadlines for all processes within scope are met; and High quality testing and workpapers are provided for review
- Review of Internal Audit Reports for potential ICFR findings and presenting potential remediation action plan for closing such potential findings;
- Effectively partnering with EY and IA to ensure various requirements are met for the completion of their annual Integrated Audit; Arranging post-mortem discussion with the Country SOx Coordinators, EY and IA. Implementing post-mortem feedback.
- Managing the deliverables to meet deadlines by SOx Leads and for facilitating communications between the Global SOX process leads and countries;
- Coach and manage SOx team staff.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4-5+ years of experience in accounting and/or audit
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to listen, consider alternative views, and solve complex problems
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization and cross functionally
- Ability to communicate ideas and present findings to key stakeholders or executive management appropriately
- Ability to work independently and manage daily responsibilities
- Ability to manage and develop a team of associates
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities
- Ability to work, take ownership, and succeed in a rapidly changing environment
- Certified Public Accountant
- Big 4 Public accounting experience
- Experience in managing others
- Experience with IT and Financial SOx
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.