Aon is looking for an Account Executive
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our General Industry business group within Aon Risk Solutions in Montreal, Quebec.
Your impact as an Account Executive
A leader who is responsible for the day-to-day, account management of Aon’s relationships with assigned clients as their primary role. Leads client service teams to identify and meet client needs and thereby retain and grow a profitable book of business. Through service, pricing, consultation and reporting, promotes the value Aon delivers to clients.
- Retains and grows Aon’s business, cultivating relationships with executive client decision-makers in the client organization as well as with day-to-day client contacts. Facilitates critical relationships between clients, ARS and insurers.
- Develops and manages the implementation of Client Promise Plans for each client, including a specific business plan aimed at ARS revenue growth. Ensures client service team understanding of client needs, service delivery methods, and the economic framework relevant to services delivered. Project manages all Aon and industry-related resources to achieve client objectives. Leads stewardship planning and delivery which is also the Client Promise Review.
- Ensures overall account profitability with a value-based approach for the scope of service and costs associated with the Client Promise Plan. Negotiates Aon compensation for services, whether fee or commission-based, accordingly. Ensures that the full value of involved ARS specialists and practice groups is promoted.
- Understands and works in alignment with the Aon Leadership Model and its pillars of Client Value, Unmatched Teams, Innovation, Results and Values. Establishes clear roles, responsibilities and performance expectations for client service teams that deliver Aon products and services to each client.
- Educates clients in risk management, risk transfer, market issues and relevant trends including appropriate benchmarking and GRIP data. Serves as a trusted business adviser on all pertinent issues; monitors client satisfaction; reports and resolves client issues and concerns and reviews client expectations to ensure relationship is mutually acceptable and beneficial.
- Marshals appropriate Aon resources to support clients in unusual circumstances such as large claims, etc.
- Drives the renewal process, assembling the appropriate team to develop and implement the client-specific renewal strategy. Coordinates with Brokers in the development and delivery of renewal strategies. Assigns appropriate processes to Aon Client Services (ACS), if applicable.
- Directly and by teaming with originators, actively drives client penetration and new business with existing and potential new customers through the introduction of products, services, lines of business and industry expertise. Follows the Discovery Process of Client Promise to identify each client's needs and develops a Client Promise Plan to help clients achieve their goals and objectives. Serves as a resource of industry, product or market area expertise to internal and external clients.
- Possesses strong influence across the Aon organization to align resources across geographic (including international), functional and business unit boundaries to best serve clients.
- Defines interdependent responses to opportunities to grow the business.
- Manages input to and follow-up on invoicing and receivables process for assigned clients, ensuring timely collections. Ensures that account data supports the integrity of company accounting and tracking systems. Manages expenses.
- Ensures operational excellence, including adherence to service management requirements (e.g., Transparency & Disclosure, Aon Compliance requirements, Client Promise Methodology).
- Uses Aon tools and implements processes including, but not limited to GRIP, Client Promise Survey, Knowledge Exchange, Aon Value Exchange, Time Tracking, Aon Connect, Jeopardy Reporting and ORBIT.
- Promotes to clients relevant cross sales opportunities and Aon tools, such as RiskConsole and AonLine.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- At least 7 to 10 years of relevant insurance experience, coupled with project and account team management experience.
- Excellent negotiations skills.
- In-depth working knowledge of the insurance business and the assigned clients’ needs as well as all major lines of business.
- Proficiency in PC office products such as Word, Excel. Power Point and Outlook is required.
- Evidence of ability to become proficient in the use of Aon specific software tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check regarding criminal offence in connection with the position offered, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.