Aon Is Looking For a Senior Analyst Health & Benefits (London, ON or Toronto, ON)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health & Benefits Consulting practice within Aon in London/Toronto. As a Senior Analyst, you will report directly to the Managing Consultant.
Your Impact As A Senior Health & Benefits Analyst
Health Solutions practice works with employers to develop customized benefits plans that drive engagement, promote responsibility and accountability, help participants manage health risk and chronic conditions, and reduce absence. Aon Hewitt delivers a turn-key solution. We have the consulting expertise and administrative resources to plan, design, execute and deliver our clients’ health benefits strategy. Our actuarial, medical, clinical, and legal expertise and influence with national carriers enable us to help manage health care costs through a combination of approaches, including continued cost shifting and tougher negotiations with health plans.
- Providing technical advice/expertise for client projects (plan design, financial and underwriting review, flexible benefits pricing, insurance carrier reviews, etc.), including preparing letters and reports
- Analyzing claims, identifying anomalies, estimating future plan costs, developing pricing models and providing analysis of clients’ financial and underwriting results;
- Preparing quarterly experience reviews and renewal underwriting analyses;
- Participating in the negotiation of renewal ratings;
- Reviewing contracts, employee booklets and financial statements;
- Preparing specifications for seeking quotations;
- Writing reports and correspondence;
- Peer reviewing data and reports;
- Assisting consultants in client meetings and drafting presentations to clients;
- Developing strong working relationships with peers/your team, clients and group benefit insurance company representatives;
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of group systems, products and technology, and having a thorough understanding of how these relate to group insurance consulting;
- Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practice; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Five (5) plus years of progressive experience in a consulting or group benefits insurance environment are required to be considered for the Senior Analyst position
- Individuals with less experience may still apply for the Analyst position
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
- Previous experience working in a group underwriting and/or group benefits environment would be an asset;
- Post-Secondary degree or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience;
- Bachelors in Mathematics, Statistics, Business is preferred
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.