Aon is looking for a Surety Assistant Account Manager, Construction Services Group
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Construction Services Group [CSG] within Aon Reed Stenhouse in Edmonton, AB. As a Surety Assistant Account Manager, you will provide administrative assistance to all Surety team members with some accounting/financial analyst requirements over time you will report directly to the Vice President & Surety Practice Leader.
Your impact as a Surety Assitant Account Manager
- Assist Account Manager in brokering surety programs for all clients including compilation of submissions, matching surety to client, financial analysis, capacity analysis, character analysis and development of brokering strategies;
- Assist Account Manager in identifying specific client risk exposure and developing and presenting innovative solutions in support of existing/new business growth;
- Assist Account Manager in preparing proposals for surety renewals as well as new business opportunities by analyzing and defining the risk exposure and coverage required;
- Assist Account Manager in facilitating accounts by managing clients’ surety programs in a timely, accurate, and professional manner;
- Keeping Team Account Managers up-to -date on new products, coverages and market trends as directed;
- Assist in coordinating the efforts of the technical and support staff to service clients effectively and efficiently to deliver seamless service to the client;
- Issuing documentation, verifying accuracy and completing checklists;
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with the underwriting community for the ultimate benefit of the client over time;
- Assist with correspondence, reports and presentations;
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities in the day to day operations of the Surety team;and
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 0-3 years of experience in a finance or accounting related role is required, experience in surety is an asset;
- Financial analysis and/or surety experience required;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Post-Secondary degree or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience;
- General Insurance Level One (1) License; or a willingness to obtain;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.