Aon is looking for a Senior Consultant with a Data Science background to join the Health Analytics team
(Atlanta, San Francisco, Chicago, other offices or remote working may be considered)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of the Health Analytics team within Aon. The preferred locations are Atlanta, San Francisco or Chicago but other areas may be considered.
This role will involve working with large health claims datasets to support the broader health actuarial and consulting practice in assisting clients with data-driven insights.
Your impact as a Health Analytics Senior Consultant
- Be part of a dynamic team focused on healthcare data and innovation
- Work with large health claims and risk datasets such as eligibility data, medical claims and prescription drug claims data from multiple different sources
- Develop detailed understanding of medical claims reporting and billing for inpatient and outpatient procedures at a DRG, procedure code/CPT level
- Liaison and partner with external healthcare carriers, data vendors and startups
- Track and monitor upcoming vendors and startups in the healthcare space in areas such as healthcare navigation, digital health, care delivery etc
- Work on cutting edge data analytics tools and build full stack pipelines in R/Python for data ingestion, cleaning and preparation with proper version control
- Build statistical and machine learning models to analyze healthcare costs, utilization and major drivers
- Prepare consulting deliverables with the use of charts, visualization tools and reporting automation to communicate end-results of technical analyses to a non-technical audience
- Assist client teams and actuaries with ad-hoc data related requests by producing reports
- Develop validation and quality control methodologies and work with vendors to review datasets
- Work on multiple projects and manage timelines, milestones and delivery efficiently
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the health and benefits ecosystem at a data warehouse, consulting firm, health insurance carrier or health analytics team
- Four plus years health claims data science experience
- Experience working with large health claims datasets
- Experience with SQL and scripting languages like R/Python
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point
- Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau/Power BI, ggplot2
- Good presentation and communication skills and ability to convey technical analyses and information in a clear manner
- Experience in data cleaning, exploratory analysis, predictive analytics
- Good applied statistics skills such as distributions, statistical testing, regression etc
- Well-developed skills in project management/planning
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, computer science or other related fields.
- Coursework or related certifications in data science, statistics or machine learning
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.