Aon Is Looking For A Health and Benefits Financial Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health and Benefits business group within Aon in Phoenix, AZ
Your Impact As A Health and Benefits Financial Analyst or Consultant
- Be responsible for financial activities for assigned clients
- Maintain and manage open items lists to ensure each client receives the agreed upon deliverables
- Prepare regular (monthly or quarterly) financial reporting packages for clients, leveraging existing templates and centers of excellence
- Prepare documentation for and participate in Aon’s internal marketing team meetings which facilitates the release of RFPs on behalf of clients
- Review financial caveats, deviations and other notes in proposals, add appropriate notes to the client RFP results presentation
- Review insurance carrier renewal calculations for medical, dental, vision, life and disability and identify areas for negotiation
- Provide recommendations to Account Executive on all key financial components
- Assist in developing renewal projections for fully insured and self-insured clients
- Participate in negotiations with carriers as directed on rates, designs and plan provisions
- Participate in meeting to present renewal and RFP results to client
- Prepare contribution scenarios
- Analyze ad hoc data using advanced functions in Excel and effectively communicate findings with both internal client team and stakeholders at the client
- Conduct ad-hoc projects as needed using appropriate resources (Health Care Reform impact modeling, plan changes, PCORI fee cost estimates, etc.)
- Assist in developing IBNR estimates by collecting and inputting data into the model and/or working with Aon’s offshore team
- Participate in meeting presentations as requested
- Assist in new business sales opportunities as needed
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Two plus years of health and benefits underwriting or data analyst experience, preferably in a carrier or consulting environment.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel. Knowledge of Truven a plus.
- Strong project management experience
- Self-starter who can work well in a fast-paced, team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.