Aon Is Looking For A Vice President; Health & Benefits
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health & Benefits (H&B) Practice in Calgary, AB. As a Vice President, you will report directly to the Regional Vice President or as assigned by the Regional Vice President.
Your Impact As Vice President; Health & Benefits
- Utilizing and developing existing sales channels including Aon affiliate companies, and creating leads for new Aon clients and / or introduction of Health and Benefits products and services for existing Aon clients;
- Working with Health and Benefits Leaders and Calgary colleagues to create and execut a successful sales strategy;
- Actively participating in internal and external initiatives that will raise Aon’s and your personal profile in the business community;
- Writing / delivering client presentations/meetings/industry seminars that are well-prepared, powerful and persuasive;
- Identifying gaps between client needs and existing Aon services; proposing and developing service enhancements, adding to Aon’s product/service portfolio and intellectual capital;
- Establishing and using broad network of external contacts to gain market insight into client service expectations; sharing knowledge across the organization to enhance Aon’s ability to excel at client focus;
- Continually reviewing client accounts and relationships and recommending ways to enhance the value Aon brings to the client based on a deep understanding of the client’s business and insight into industry trends;
- Providing consulting services and senior analytical support to a wide range of mid to large clients;
- Providing analysis of clients’ financial and underwriting results and preparing reports and letters, and other related group benefit projects;
- Providing advanced technical advice / expertise to clients and to others inside the organization (plan design recommendations, costings, documentation, reviews, etc.) as necessary to advance business interests;
- Providing guidance, mentoring and support to group benefit staff as they serve their clients, ensuring high standards of service;
- Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practice; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Fifteen (15) plus years of direct Benefits experience in a Consulting/Insurance environment is required;
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and client teams;
- Strong technical expertise and the proven ability to remain current with respect to industry trends, provincial and federal legislative policies and changes;
- Ability to establish relationships at the senior management level with existing and prospective clients for purposes of understanding the short/long term needs of clients, identifying business development opportunities and negotiating and closing consulting assignments;
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills in developing solutions for complex client/business issues;
- Proven organization skills and the ability to effectively coordinate the delivery of projects and advisory services;
- Ability to provide technical expertise and act as an effective mentor and coach and role model for practice members;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
- Fifteen (15) plus years of direct Benefits experience would be preferred.
- Post-Secondary degree or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience required;
- Alberta Life License is required; or the ability to obtain this license within twelve (12) months;
- Completed Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS), Fellow, Life management Institute (FLMI) or Life Office Management Association (LOMA) designations would be preferred; or actuarial designation.
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including courses and certifications.
We Offer You:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.