Aon Is Looking For a Casualty Broker, Toronto Strategic Broking Centre
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Strategic Broking Centre within Aon Risk Solutions, in Toronto, ON. As a Casualty Broker, you will report into the Leader of the Toronto Strategic Broking Centre.
Your impact as a Casualty Broker
- Analyzes client specific risk exposure and details coverage requirements;
- Prepares and presents marketing proposals for renewals and new business;
- Negotiates with underwriters to establish best terms and conditions with respect to premiums and coverage;
- Continually works to develop expertise through networking, technical training and client discussions;
- Follows up with insurer to confirm terms of negotiated contract are met;
- Approves documentation for new contracts, policy changes, additions, deletions and renewals;
- Establishes contacts and cultivates relationships within the underwriting community in an effort to achieve the best rates and coverage for Aon clients;
- Collaborates with Account Executives to develop coverage strategy and marketing initiatives for renewal and prospective business;
- Operates as part of the Toronto Strategic Broking Centre working closely with Account Teams in serving our clients;
- Reviews and approves applicable insurance documentation prepared by the Associate Broker;
- Performs other related duties as required.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a Commercial Insurance role;
- RIBO license required;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines;
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team and independently with minimum supervision.
- College or university degree in a business field or equivalent years of industry experience.
- CRM, CIP,or CAIB insurance designations preferred.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.