Aon is looking for a Reinsurance Contract Drafter in Bloomington, MN
As part of our Aon Reinsurance Solutions team, you will be responsible for preparing, reviewing and finalizing formal documentation memorializing terms and conditions applicable to treaty reinsurance arrangements. You will be challenged to learn and remain well informed of industry terms and jargon, as well as trends and regulations to remain competitive.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft reinsurance contracts, attending documentation and related correspondence
- Assist broker colleagues, clients and markets in addressing issues related to contract wording
- Draft, revise and endorse London market documentation and submit for review and approval
- Review expiring wording and new contract documents for completeness, accuracy and consistency
- Participate in marketing presentations to prospective and existing clients
- Coordinate with broker colleagues to review reinsurance terms
- Contribute to maintenance of library of clauses
- Monitor statutory positions, regulatory guidelines, judicial decrees, current wording issues and industry trends affecting reinsurance contracts
- Ensure that general processing and quality of assigned accounts complies with team guidelines
MINUMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Corporate/business/legal experience in contracts is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge from insurance/reinsurance industry would be a definite plus
- Excellent written communication skills, including demonstrated/advanced competence in all facets of reading, writing, communicating in English
- Strategic and analytical thinker, including basic math aptitude and proven problem solving
- Detail oriented
- Proficient with MS Office. Adaptable to other proprietary systems/applications as demonstrated by previous experience with other platforms
- Nominal travel may be required
- Bachelors’ degree required. Advanced degree or industry-related professional designation a plus.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.