The Retirement & Investment business utilises a range of specific business applications and tools to serve our outsourcing and consulting clients as effectively as possible. The Application Support Team provides support for these applications through end user issue resolution, proactive maintenance, and the initiation and design of enhancements/improvements. The role of the Team Lead will involve line management for a team of support analysts, managing the day to day workload of the team within defined SLAs, producing metrics and reporting on team performance, continually reviewing and improving support processes, and managing relationships with business stakeholders and supporting technology teams/vendors.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon Risk Management Framework, and compliance with Aon policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
- Direct line management and performance management for a team of application support analysts.
- Manage the work allocation for the team (e.g. incidents, service requests, production releases) and ensure delivery within defined SLAs.
- Take ownership of major incidents and complex technology support issues and follow through to resolution.
- Act as a point of escalation for the business and consult with other technology teams if additional expertise is required.
- Translate technical incident details into customer focused communications.
- Proactively review incident details to establish root cause and initiate potential improvements.
- Coordinate application and infrastructure maintenance activities (often outside of core business hours) alongside other technology teams to ensure up to date, secure, and supported technology.
- Work proactively and maintain effective relationships with third level groups such as infrastructure (e.g. server, database) teams and external application vendors.
- Provide coaching/mentoring to team members and guidance on career development plans.
- Ensure documentation is maintained to aid the resolution of future issues and training of team members.
- Initiate and drive forward internal process improvement initiatives to ensure a high quality and cost-effective service for the business.
- Coordinate service transition activities on projects to implement new technologies or significant changes ensuring operational/support readiness for go-live.
- Work with global ITIL processes (Incident/Change/Problem/Asset Management) to ensure adherence across the team and effective reporting/metrics.
- Engage with business stakeholders to review application service issues and share details of planned changes and improvements.
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
- Generous benefits package for your wellbeing (multisport cards, insurance, vouchers, and many more!)
- Stability of employment and permanent contract after trial period
- Brand new office supporting collaboration, flexibility and activity based working
- Internal career opportunities and individual development plan
- Unique workplace culture - we value openness, honesty and authenticity, so don’t expect formal dress code nor managers hidden behind closed doors
- Lots of social events, charity actions and opportunities to integrate with colleagues
Please attach CV in English only.