Aon is looking for an Actuarial Analyst, Aon Global Risk Consulting in Columbia, Maryland
About Aon Global Risk Consulting (AGRC)
Aon Global Risk Consulting (AGRC) provides organizations the ability to accurately analyze experience, and to evaluate potential losses which are critical to effectively manage risks. Our actuaries evaluate the financial impact of current economic, legal and social trends on future events. Aon actuarial and analytics professionals are known for their methodical approach and arduous standards - applied with creative ingenuity and our consulting abilities span the risk management continuum, from quantitative support for insurance premiums, reserves and dividends to independent consultative statistical calculation for risk financing alternatives.
Your impact as an Actuarial Analyst
- Collecting, organizing and analyzing data, in support of actuarial analysis and projects;
- Perform actuarial analysis for projects including rating manual development, rate filings, valuations, ORSA, DCAT, fleet software tool delivery and enhancements;
- Perform analytical work including data management, loss forecasting, accruals, captive and self-insurance analysis, and cash flow analysis;
- Preparing and maintain effective documentation of all client correspondence;
- Maintaining effective day to day relationships with Aon team/client contacts, facilitating data/information collection;
- Applying existing approaches and processes to specific client assignments, alerting service team to anomalies, as appropriate;
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals;
- Contributing to enhancement of overall assignment results by improving specific operational procedures;
- Executing routine client service tasks efficiently, delivering products and services, accurately and on time, by applying Aon protocols;
- Handling various changing work assignments, flexibly balancing priorities, to support client team workload;
- Communicate with clients, both internal and external to Aon;
- Additional duties as assigned;
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Client relationship focused;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package
- Preference will be shown to candidates with experience in SAS, Python and R
Education and Professional Development:
- College/University Actuarial Science, Statistics or Mathematics
- Completed and passed at least the first 3 CAS exams.
- At least 1 years of internship or full-time experience in an actuarial or related field
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.