Are you interested in a Claims Analyst role in Colorado Springs, CO? Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer you will manage open Defense Base Claims (DBA) claims to conclusion and control costs on new claims. This may be the next step in your career.
What will your day look like?
Your day starts at 7:30am reviewing claims submitted to the TPA overnight. After meeting with the Chief Human Resources Officer to discuss and report on open claims you will continue your day reviewing and approving settlement and reserve change requests.
What’s exciting about your role?
You will be working with employees on a global platform as the liaison between the TPA local management and claimant.
What are your responsibilities?
- Manage open claims to conclusion working with Environment, Safety & Health (ESH) controlling costs on new claims.
- Ensure DBA claims are reported promptly to TPA and the Department of Labor.
- Identify late reporting trends and work with field operations to educate on timely claim reporting.
- Implement an effective return to work program, within corporate policy and guidelines and work with all locations to ensure adherence to the program.
- Support and assist each location in educating local management of the importance of timely claim reporting as well as managing injured associates to ensure understanding of and compliance with the claim process and return to work program.
- Serve as liaison between the claims administrator/carrier, local management, and if necessary, the injured associate. Ensure communication is effective and open by working with all relevant stakeholders. Communicate any issues or suggestions as appropriate.
- Coordinate and attend regular claim review meetings with the claims administrator/carrier partners and broker partner and provide a report on each meeting outlining accomplishments and/or issues for review.
- Coordinate and attend regular meetings with ESH to discuss loss trends and assist in the development of loss mitigation efforts as necessary.
- Review and approve settlement and reserve increase requests within authority and request approvals for amounts that are in excess of authority. Requests will be reviewed and submitted to Chief Human Resources Officer with appropriate recommendations for approval.
- Participate in the hearing process on a selective basis with defense counsel. During the claim review process, ensure defense counsel is effectively representing Clients interest.
- Support Legal Department in management of casualty claim matters as requested.
How will you interact with senior management?
- Attend regular meetings with the Chief Human Resources Officer to discuss and report on open claims, return to work progress, large settlements, hearings, claim reviews, and loss prevention (e.g. reporting compliance, loss trends, etc.).
- Work with corporate and field loss prevention to facilitate the exchange of information relative to new claims, and any loss trends or specific issues related to the job site
- Assist in various special projects as requested by Chief Human Resources Officer or other senior leadership.
What educational background will help you be successful in this role?
ARM designation or CPCU course work is a plus
What experience is essential?
- Minimum of 5 years handling workers compensation indemnity claims to include litigated losses and exposure to federal and local hearing processes.
- Experience supervising of managing Defense Base Act (DBA) Claims a plus.
Additional skills to help you excel include
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer service focus
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to interface with all levels of personnel at operating units and corporate staff
- Heavy administrative and organizational skills; must be detail oriented and comfortable working with numbers
- Computer skills, experienced in Windows environment, MSWord, MS Excel, MS Access, use of online claims data systems
- Time management skills, flexible and able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in fast-paced team environment, handling multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
- Desire to learn and question
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.