Associate Pension Investment Consultant
Aon are currently recruiting an Associate Consultant to join our team in London. The Associate Investment Consultant will be primarily responsible for supporting lead consultants on clients and adding value to Aon’s relationship with clients through management, development and retention of a portfolio of clients.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
The UK pensions landscape is evolving at a rapid pace. Economic challenges, legislative change, an ageing population and asset volatility pose a wide variety of risks and challenges to pension schemes. Trustees and scheme sponsors are faced with a range of decisions on difficult topics from managing risk to improving member engagement, setting an investment strategy to managing DC plans.
Aon Retirement Solutions’ market-leading capabilities and award-winning expertise make us the perfect partner to help clients through their pension challenges. We can provide integrated and comprehensive solutions across actuarial, plan administration, investment and insurance disciplines, enabling us to serve our clients' unique needs every step of the way.
About the Role
Your impact as an Associate Investment Consultant:
- acting as support to lead consultants on clients;
- understanding client needs and requirements;
- responsibility for coordination of client work and timely delivery to the client or lead consultant for review if required;
- proactively assist with the provision of routine advice to clients and actively participate in developing bespoke advice;
- act as day to day contact for all sizes of client;
- preparing meeting materials, participating and presenting in meetings;
- working off own initiative on client specific projects;
- helping the lead consultant generate ideas on the future direction of particular clients;
- making some contribution to the thought leadership of the business through research and development;
- contributing to the success of the local investment team through helping to drive business performance;
- contributing to the growth of the business through contributing to marketing and new business;
- responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- educated to degree level or equivalent;
- good numeracy and technical skills.;
- proven experience with a major consulting, fund management or banking firm, involved in advising UK occupational pension schemes (ideally 2-5yrs);
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain working relationships with both internal and external clients;
- team player;
- proactive and self starter;
- positive, ‘can do’ attitude;
- ability to work to tight deadlines;
- good understanding of all main asset classes, how they interact and the role they can play in meeting client objectives;
- a reasonable understanding of the process for setting an investment strategy and the factors that influence a client's decision;
- basic understanding of the asset-liability process;
- a feel for investment markets and their drivers;
- an understanding of current industry trends;
- consistently acts with the highest integrity and professional standards.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.2470072