Aon is looking for a Senior Pension Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting our Pension Administration business group within Aon in Toronto or Vancouver.
Your impact as a Senior Pension Analyst
- Calculate, peer review and authorize benefit entitlements on retirement, termination, death and marriage breakdown;
- Year-end update of plan records, including the reconciliation of the membership, contributions and trust fund;
- Calculation and review of PAs, PSPAs and PARs and preparation of applicable filing forms;
- Preparation and review of annual pension statements;
- Read and interpret pension plan texts;
- Quality control of year-end data input and verification of computer output;
- Communication with clients regarding data, administration, and interpretation of pension plan text;
- Preparation, review and filing of government forms including Annual Information Return, Form 7 and PBGF forms;
- Track team progress and coordinate with various departments to ensure service delivered on time;
- Assist with the set-up and testing of the system for new and existing clients according to the plan provisions and administrative requirements;
- Assist with the development/maintenance of standard operation procedures;
- Respond to member calls and facilitate requests;
- Attend client meeting in technical support role;
- Liaise with trust company and plan auditors;
- Maintenance of client records; and
- Other duties as required.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of 2 years working with Defined Benefit pension plans preferred;
- Previous work experience calculating complex benefit entitlements on retirement, termination, death and marriage breakdown;
- Previous work experience calculating and reporting PAs, PSPAs and PARs;
- Knowledge of related provincial and federal pension legislation and Income Tax Act provisions;
- Basic accounting skills to reconcile pension fund receipts and disbursements;
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to work in a team environment;
- Mathematical aptitude with some understanding of actuarial principles and interest theory;
- Detail-oriented with sound pension administration and organizational skills;
- Advanced Excel and a thorough knowledge of Word;
- Client-service attitude; and
- Other assets include fluency in French, a relevant degree and the completion of CEBS or PPAC
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Accounting, Science or Business Administration or equivalent work experience in a relevant sector.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.