Broking Technician – Healthcare
Aon are currently recruiting a Broking Technician to join our GBC Healthcare team which is part of the International Casualty division based in London. The role is for a contributor (Aon career stage) with sound technical knowledge and ability. The role will fully support the end to end broking process. Providing full operational support to broking/client team and proactively assisting in the day to day running of clients risks and insurance programmes and supporting any change of process and practices (particularly technology changes – Brokasure).
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Global Broking Centre
The Global Broking Centre in London / Chelmsford is an integral part of Aon’s global broking strategy. The GBC provides colleagues from across the Aon network with access to specialist brokers and client managers, dedicated client solutions and thought leadership, and significant global insurance capacity.
The GBC works with network colleagues to deliver market-leading solutions to Aon clients, creating a competitive advantage in our placement strategies worldwide.
About the Role
As a Broking Technician some of your key responsibilities will involve;
Core functional activity:
- File maintenance - ECM
- Review draft / final MRC
- Scan / index final agreed slip
- Complete quote/firm order information in Brokasure including finalise MRC
- Review / enhance risk data in Brokasure
- Provide invoicing instructions
- Renewal slips
- New business slips
- Review/Draft Endorsements
- Managing Brokasure for placement of risks
- Managing renewal spreadsheet
- Initial engagement and follow up templates
- Logging and collation of submission information
- Distribution of submissions to markets
- Accounting queries
- CBST/Account set up requests
- Sanctions checklists
- Management of pipeline
- Liaising with technical manager on operational queries and KPIs
- PPL Management
Secondary functional activity:
- Review / Create / Enhance Submission
- Respond to A/c queries
Occasional (optional) functional activity:
- Establish and manage pipeline
- Send initial engagement to client/network
- Send Cover confirmation to client/network
- Firm Order broking (Ebix / wet stamps / email)
- Issue invoice to client
- Create BID documentation if required
- Create bespoke wordings / clauses (per client)
- Provide technical training / guidance to colleagues
- Coaching and mentoring
Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise
As a Broking Technician your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Ability to interpret and use data effectively
- Sound understanding of London insurance market dynamics and core processes;
- Sound technical insurance knowledge; International Casualty and Healthcare risks
- Ability to use insurance industry IT systems to efficiently deliver client service;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good level of numeracy;
- Effective communication and presentation skills;
- Good understanding of compliance and FCA regulation;
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application