Aon's Cyber Solutions is looking for a Cyber Summer Associate (position available nationwide!)
US Recruiting Timeline
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 31 at 11:59 PM EST
January - Applications accepted and first round interviews
February - Final round interviews and offers extended
June 2020 - Cyber Associate Program begins
About Cyber Solutions:
Aon’s Cyber Solutions offers holistic cyber risk management, unsurpassed investigative skills, and proprietary technologies to help clients uncover and quantify cyber risks, protect critical assets, and recover from cyber incidents.
The Cyber Summer Associate Program is a ten-week internship in one area of Aon's Cyber Solutions, where you will be immersed in our proactive and reactive services. You will be working on client projects and learning key skills in information and physical security: digital forensics; penetration testing (ethical hacking); and trade secret protection; incident response (i.e. working with an organization in response to a cyber-attack); and security advisory (i.e. proactively identifying vulnerabilities and remediation).
This paid internship begins in June with a three-day training program in one of our U.S. offices, bringing together all of the Cyber Summer Associates. During this time, you will meet with firm leadership, participate in a Capture the Flag exercise, network with colleagues, and join other special events.
Cyber Summer Associates work directly with our existing employees in one of our U.S. offices. Immersed in experienced our client teams, you will contribute to a wide variety of live client projects. You will learn how to use cutting-edge tools and technologies, and attend regular training and demonstrations to build technical and professional skills. Throughout the summer, you will complete a research project on an impactful topic relevant to your skillsets and interests, and present it to the firm's leadership at the end of the program.
From the very beginning, you will be learning from managers and colleagues with robust technical and legal backgrounds, many of whom contributed directly to developing the foundations of the practice of cyber-focused law enforcement. Cyber Summer Associates have both a mentor and supervisor to support their client work, professional development and research projects.
The Cyber Summer Associate Program is a unique and exciting opportunity that is aimed at helping you build the skills and experience needed to kick start your career in cybersecurity and at Aon.
- Perform tasks related to technical consulting engagements involving digital forensics, incident response, security testing and information security.
- Support teams that are assessing clients’ risks related to internal IT infrastructure, publicly available IT assets and other relevant attack surfaces.
- Become proficient with industry standard tools and practices.
- Preserve and analyze data from laptop and desktop computers, servers, and mobile devices.
- Design, develop, document, analyze, test and modify computer systems & programs.
- Conduct statistical analysis of large data sets and other investigative components of cases.
- Learn to present complex technical matters and analysis clearly and concisely.
- Help uncover causes of clients’ network intrusions/data breaches, and increase knowledge of malware.
- Aid in the development of IT security risk metrics.
- Research and pilot security software (commercial and open-source).
- Assist in developing proprietary tools and programs to aid in matters of forensic analysis, network incident response, and penetration testing.
- Work alongside our physical security specialists, digital forensic examiners and data breach experts.
- Stay abreast of the current regulatory environment, industry trends and related implications.
- Better understand methods used by white-collar criminals and employ this knowledge to help guide investigations and institute preventative solutions.
- Anticipate and respond to changing priorities in demanding, high-energy environments.
- Develop and broaden skills through training and research.
- Contribute to and attend in-house training sessions.
- Suggest and pursue firm-enhancing projects that draw on your skills and academic interests.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering, Digital Forensics or other quant-oriented major.
- Knowledge of computer networking technologies.
- Familiarity with computer system hardware and software.
- Strong analytic, qualitative and quantitative reasoning skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, plus attention to details.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, and familiarity with Windows, Macintosh, and Linux operation systems.
- Exceptional work ethic; high level of professionalism and adherence to ethical standards.
- Motivated and positive mindset.
- Proficiency with C++, Java, C#, Python, or SQL— Assembler languages are a plus.
- Experience setting up a testing lab with vulnerable services and performed ethical hacking/penetration testing techniques.
- Creative problem solving abilities.
- Flexibility to collaborate or work independently; to grasp new concepts quickly and adapt to changing priorities.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.