Forensic Accounting Summer Intern
Aon is looking for a Summer Intern to join their Forensic Accounting team. As part of an industry-leading team, Aon’s Cyber Solutions (formerly Stroz Friedberg’s Intelligence & Investigations team), you will help empower results for our global clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions.
Aon’s Cyber Solutions team is expanding its Investigations group and is looking for individuals interested in pursuing a summer internship with the Forensic Accounting team. The candidate will assist the Forensic Accounting team on a variety of projects and engagements, including fraud and financial investigations, anti-money laundering assessments, and data analytic projects. There will also be opportunities to suggest and pursue firm-enhancing projects that draw upon your skill set and academic interests.
The position does not require specific knowledge of or experience in the forensic accounting field. An individual with an accounting, finance or business background will benefit from an internship within this team.
- The candidate will review and analyze financial information, including accounting records, financial statements and underlying data to conduct forensic assessments, including fraud examinations, investigations and compliance assessments.
- The candidate will assist with drafting client deliverables, including reports, memorandums, presentations and schedules.
- The candidate will assist with industry research projects and make presentations to the rest of the team.
- The candidate must be able to effectively communicate the results and findings in a clear and concise manner for clients and internal senior team members.
- Major coursework in Accounting, Finance, or a related field with the intention of CPA licensing.
- Prior experience with forensic accounting is a plus, but is not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with strong emphasis in Excel, Access and PowerPoint (knowledge and use of Microsoft SQL and Tableau is a plus).
- Ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently, when necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills, and capacity for adaptation to a rapidly changing environment.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit .
(NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.