Investment Associate Consultants
The Bristol Investment Team are looking for an Investment Associate Consultant to join their team.
Investment Associate Consultants will be primarily responsible for adding value to Aon’s relationship with clients through management, development and retention of a portfolio of clients.
About the Role
As an Investment Associate Consultant some of your key responsibilities will involve;
- Act as the lead consultant for small clients and the main support to a lead consultant on larger clients.
- Understand client needs and requirements.
- Work with client team to formulate advice and take responsibility for that advice.
- Work off own initiative on client specific projects.
- Responsible for coordination of client work and timely delivery to the client or lead consultant for review if required.
- Provision of routine advice to clients.
- Act as day to day contact for all sizes of client.
- Prepare meeting materials and can lead client meetings.
- Make some contribution to the thought leadership of the business through research and development.
- Contribute to the growth of the business through contributing to marketing and new business.
- Contribute to the success of the local investment team through helping to drive business performance.
As an Investment Associate Consultant your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of the financial services' industry
- Proven experience with a major consulting, fund management or banking firm, involved in advising UK occupational pension schemes
- Understanding of most applicable areas of investment theory.
- Good understanding of applicable regulatory and legislative rules.
- Good understanding of all main asset classes, how they interact and the role they can play in meeting client objectives.
- Basic awareness of some of the key alternative asset classes and their use within an asset portfolio.
- Understanding of the strengths and weakness of various manager structure options.
- A reasonable understanding of the process for setting an investment strategy and the factors that influence a client's decision.
- Good knowledge of active and passive management and the different styles of active managers.
- Good understanding of performance measurement techniques.
- Understanding of the basic and added value services provided by a custodian together with knowledge of the major participants.
- An understanding of how to manage a successful asset transfer.
- An understanding of the characteristics of different pooled fund vehicles including their advantages and disadvantages.
- Good understanding of the provisions contained in Investment Manager Agreements and the rationale behind investment restrictions.
- Good understanding of the design and implementation issues for defined contribution schemes including segmentation and communication.
- Basic understanding of the asset-liability process.
- A feel for the workings/levels of investment markets and their drivers.
- An understanding of current industry trends.
- A basic understanding of the operational and strategic requirements and drivers of a successful financial consulting business.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Anticipates potential problems and is proactive and creative in identifying solutions.
- Consistently acts with the highest integrity and professional standards.
Aon empowers organisations and individuals to secure a better future through innovative talent, retirement and health solutions. We advise, design and execute a wide range of solutions that enable clients to cultivate talent to drive organisational and personal performance and growth, navigate risk while providing new levels of financial security, and redefine health solutions for greater choice, affordability and wellness. Aon is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 30,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide. For more information on Aon, please visit www.aon.com
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.2469530