Aon Is Looking For A Health and Benefits Consultant/Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health and Benefits Consulting business group within Aon in Milwaukee or Green Bay, WI. As a Health and Benefits Consultant/Analyst, you will report directly to the WI Practice Leader.
Your Impact As A Health and Benefits Consultant/Analyst
The purpose of this role is the project management of client work. This position will support the lead consultant on some client assignments, participate in client meetings and/or participate with other consultants in the servicing of clients. Benefits work includes: benefit audits, benchmarking, participating in M&A projects, compliance, financial projections of benefits costs, monthly financial reports for certain self-funded plans, vendor management, supporting clients' day-to-day needs, proposal and report preparation and presentation.
- Prepares or finalizes reporting and materials for benefits projects.
- Conducts meetings and takes notes, monitors and executes deliverables and accountabilities based on project scope and statement of work.
- Works individually or with other consultants to finalize projects, and monitors time spent and project budget at first level.
- RFP review & preparation.
- Summary Plan Descriptions and contract compliance.
- Analysis of utilization reports, carrier reports, and claims data & trends.
- COBRA, HIPAA, 5500’s issues.
- Contract review and benefit comparisons.
- Customer service & client communications.
- Proposal & report preparation and presentation.
- Claims issues & administrative problems.
- Carrier/client relations
- Resolves client issues at appropriate levels and informs other team members of pertinent issues.
Additional responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Takes ownership of work and is accountable for its completion and accuracy; can problem solve and make effective decisions.
- Prepares sections of deliverables with some oversight.
- Assist consulting team with client proposals, presentations, management reporting, and overall peer review of all work.
- Manages client open items list and responds to client requests and ad-hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Asks questions of team members to improve understanding of clients' needs.
- Works well with carriers, managing their responses for timeliness and accuracy, and building relationships.
- Possesses a basic understanding of the health and group benefits, and participates as needed on task forces and special project teams.
- Help clients solve complex issues
- Facilitate face to face and telephonic interactions with external clients
- Manage multiple work streams with internal and external stakeholders
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 1 plus years group health and benefits experience, ideally with emphasis on financial matters (either in brokerage/consulting firm or comparable carrier experience).
- Project management skills and analytical ability
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Client Service Orientation - Ideal candidate would have worked at a health insurance company or other consulting firm in an account management role.
- Bachelor’s degree prefered in Insurance or Risk Management/Business or equivalent work experience.
- License or Certificate Requirements:
- Appropriate Insurance License/Life and Health
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.