Aon is looking for a Director & Actuary - Property and Casualty
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Property and Casualty Actuarial & Analytics team within Aon in our X office.
- Establish credibility with clients and colleagues; recognized as an effective problem solver.
- Deliver quality products and services to clients or colleagues, work product consistently meets expectations for accuracy and appearance.
- Deliver on commitments to clients and colleagues, meet both internal and client deadlines.
- Work effectively with client team members and colleagues, support and encourage collaboration within the unit or with outer Aon resources.
- Communicate with team members in a constructive manner, regularly provides unsolicited feedback.
- Apply & translates new concepts to improve functioning of the team.
- Seek new, creative, and more efficient approaches to deliver client results; uses new approaches developed by colleagues; builds actuarial models when data is limited.
- Acts with integrity always and works every day in a way that positively impacts our clients, colleagues and communities.
- BS Degree or equivalent in finance, mathematics, statistics, economics, actuarial science, risk management, or equivalent.
- Minimum ACAS designation.
- Meets requirements to sign actuarial opinion.
- Minimum of ten years relevant work experience.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple consultants.
- Ability to function at both the macro and micro level, think strategically as well as handle technical detailed work.
- Communicates effectively with C-suite.
- Ability to write standard reports for actuarial projects that clearly communicates findings and methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of PC related tools for actuarial analysis, technology applications and data utilizations for actuarial functions.
- Maintains continuing education requirements.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.