Aon Is Looking For A Health & Benefits Team Leader/Account Executive for Irvine/San Diego
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health and Benefits Consulting business group within Aon, in our centrally located Southern California office (Irvine, CA). Candidates located in one of our other offices may be considered on a case by case basis. Presence in the Irvine office multiple days a week is a requirement for the role.
As a Health & Benefits Team Leader for Irvine/San Diego, you will report directly to the Local Practice Leader.
The Health & Benefits Team Leader for Irvine/San Diego will be a key contributor and leader for both large and mid-market clients. The role involves the management of ongoing U.S. health and benefits client work. This position will have frequent interactions with the client Human Resource/Benefit Director for the delivery of benefits consulting services. Responsibilities include managing complex consulting projects, proactive project management, frequent vendor interface, developing client reports, leading external meetings and internal resource coordination. Additionally, the Health and Benefits consultant has responsibilities for staff development, market development and revenue growth while identifying client needs for other consulting services.
Your Impact As A Health & Benefits Team Leader for Irvine/San Diego
- Grow the client relationship through excellent service and expanding the types of services delivered to the client
- Manage ongoing client relationship and internal consulting team
- Perform advanced strategy and design consulting to include the following:
- Benefit strategy
- Goal setting
- Plan design
- Pricing strategy
- Bid/selection projects
- Health plan management
- Leading-edge program approaches
- Results/Outcomes Measurement
- Provide client leadership focused on broader business objectives
- Take ownership of outcomes
- Delegate responsibilities effectively; coach and mentor team members
- Build relationships with client across multiple levels of their organization
- Understand clients' business
- Build relationships with Account Executives and team leads from other practices, particularly in administration, to drive to shared client objectives
- Analyze scoping needs
- Develop business plan and integrated work plan across practices
- Exhibit leadership in business judgment in anticipating client/project needs and developing alternative solutions
- Leads/facilitate complex client meetings to measurable results
- Foster effective teams, share client background and goals, measure results, share ideas, identify process improvements, provide timely and regular coaching and feedback to team members
- Oversee vendor negotiations and provide technical coaching to other team members
- Act as strategic resource for consultants, producers and other Aon colleagues to deliver Aon United
- Exhibit thought leadership—understand and be able to articulate ideas to clients
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Fifteen plus years Health and Benefits background
- Eight plus years of consulting experience
- Client facing experience at a consulting company, insurance company, brokerage or in the Health and Benefits discipline
- Complex project management experience
- Broad business knowledge/perspective
- Team building skills
- Business development experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Exhibit thought leadership--understand and be able to articulate ideas to clients
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent years of industry experience
- Advance degree preferred
- Licensing required
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.