Aon is looking for an Account Executive
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions within Aon Risk Solutions in Cleveland, OH or Columbus, OH.
Your Impact as an Account Executive
- Retains and grows Aon’s business, cultivating relationships with senior-most client decision-makers in the client organization as well as with day-to-day client contacts. Facilitates critical relationships between clients, ARS and insurers.
- Ensures overall account profitability with a value-based approach for the scope of service and costs associated with the Client Promise Plan. Negotiates Aon compensation for services, whether fee or commission-based, accordingly. Ensures that the full value of involved ARS specialists and practice groups is promoted.
- Understands and works in alignment with the Aon Leadership Model and its pillars of Client Value, Unmatched Teams, Innovation, Results and Values. Establishes clear roles, responsibilities and performance expectations for client service teams that deliver Aon products and services to each client. Ensures that team members meet their responsibilities and seeks changes in team composition as appropriate.
- Educates clients in risk management, risk transfer, market issues and relevant trends including appropriate benchmarking. Serves as a trusted business adviser on all pertinent issues; monitors client satisfaction; reports and resolves client issues and concerns and reviews client expectations to ensure relationship is mutually acceptable and beneficial.
- Drives the renewal process, assembling the appropriate team to develop and implement the client-specific renewal strategy. Coordinates with Brokers in the development and delivery of renewal strategies. Assigns appropriate processes to Aon Client Services (ACS), if applicable.
- Directly and by teaming with originators, actively drives client penetration and new business with existing and potential new customers through the introduction of products, services, lines of business and industry expertise. Follows the Discovery Process of Client Promise to identify each client's needs and develops a Client Promise Plan to help clients achieve their goals and objectives. Serves as a resource of industry, product or market area expertise to internal and external clients.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Typically at least 6 years of appropriate insurance experience, coupled with project and account team management experience. Good negotiations skills.
- Good working knowledge of the insurance business and the assigned clients’ needs as well as all major lines of business.
- Proficiency in PC office products such as Word, Excel. Power Point and Outlook is required.
- Evidence of ability to become proficient in the use of Aon specific software tools.
- Management/Business related curriculum preferred.
- Brokers license
- CPCU, CIC or ARM preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in or equivalent years of industry experience.