Aon are currently recruiting a Financial Analyst to join our team in London. The Financial Analyst will support Enterprise Client Leaders to research client companies most strategic business priorities, enhance our client sector knowledge, develop and execute client plans and relationship roadmaps, coordinate and support client meetings, and assist with key deliverables to clients. The financial analyst will play an important role managing internal client teams; including client team meeting management, documenting meetings, and working with colleagues across all solutions, geographies, and industries.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Financial Analyst:
- Plays a key role in the growth plan for the client with a focus on opportunity development and net new sales, thereby increasing profitable, global spend with Aon across multiple service lines. The Financial analyst will craft proposals and coordinate the sales processes.
- At the direction of the Enterprise Client Leaders, help support long term growth by integrating Aon services and ensuring that Aon client team members are well versed in the client's business issues and client sector themes.
- Help with the execution of Client Playbooks aligned to the client’s strategic priorities.
- Support effective and productive relationships with clients, manage open items and serve as an internal point of coordination for key client development strategies.
- Executes on Aon client team management including sharing information (such as client news, client results, sector news, thought leadership that could impact the client or their sector) in a timely and consistent basis across Aon, ensuring progress for all client projects, and creating alignment of internal teams on related work streams.
- Maintains effective and productive relationships with Enterprise Client Leaders and other Aon client facing roles.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
Industry Themes & Needs
- Review and refresh existing ‘Themes’ & ‘Needs’.
- Table and record review of both at Advisory Council.
- Collect data points from; client meetings, client results, analysts’ reports and news articles to help shape future content in ‘Themes’ & ‘Needs’.
- Propose changes based on research, feedback and client examples.
Share of Wallet Analysis
- Access to and familiarity with all Aon revenue / MI systems, i.e. Aon Connect, Local Market Planning teams, ACAI.
- Engage solution teams to verify data in system and identify product / solutions where we know the client ‘plays away’.
- Ensure as much data / reports as possible is developed on a shared platform rather than spread sheets etc.
- Develop a template to capture a client’s full ‘wallet’.
- Work with Aon finance resource and broader financial analysts as well as research team in India to draw on full resource capabilities within Aon.
- Access, review and analyze client annual / quarterly financial reports.
- Access, review and analyze management statements / commentary / IR releases.
- Summarize, disseminate and identify opportunities for the above supporting the client coverage team.
- Be responsible for creating, reviewing and updating org charts of C-suite for all identified FI client.
- Engage with colleagues to identify existing touch points.
- Research client C-suite to identify additional connections with Aon (e.g. ex colleague, ex McKinsey, university, military, sport).
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Relevant experience with requisite competencies, preferably with corporate accounts / customers.
- Proficiency in development of client materials using Aon brand standards and tools.
- Evidence of ability to become proficient in the use of Aon specific software tools.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.