Aon is looking for a National Commercial Claims Director
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting our Risk business. You will report directly to the Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Counsel and have eight (+) senior level direct reports. This role can be based in any of Aon’s main Canadian city locations, such as: Toronto, ON; Montreal, QC; Vancouver, BC; Calgary, AB or Edmonton, AB.
Your Impact As A National Commercial Claims Director
Contribute to the development and the delivery of the national claims strategy.
- Contribution in building business partner relationships
- Active member and supporter of the governance and escalation process
- High involvement and contribution in the development of new claims products
- Contribution in generating claims revenue opportunities
- Involvement in management and escalation of E&O matters
- Where appropriate promote Aon in thought leadership via participating in industry forums, writing articles, giving presentations
- Active participation in leadership meetings, forums, etc.
- Ability to set up and drive the claims strategy by holding team accountable to coaching feedback and recognition expectations
- Commercial acumen & negotiation skills of the highest order
- Ability to share expertise and to collaborate with other team members to meet client needs
- Ability to contribute to carrier / insurer relationships representing Aon's global and business unit claims strategies
- Ability to develop and communicate solutions to complex problems
- Ability to advise and influence Executive leaders to include claims considerations as part of overall strategy
- Active member of the Global Claims team and responsible for communicating and implementing Global Claims strategies at a National level
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 8-10 plus years claims or operations management experience in multiple lines of commercial insurance
- Experience identifying, evaluating, analyzing operational efficiencies and business situations
- Proven analytical and process improvement skills with a data-driven approach to problem solving
- Team player able to work with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in a team environment, capable of interacting with clients
- Strong technology experience to include backend reporting experience including in-depth of knowledge with claims processing technology solutions
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, time management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated Project Management skills and experience
- Demonstrated people manager/leadership skills and experience
- Strong proficiency with the MicroSoft office suite (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Some travel required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent years of industry experience
- The appropriate provincial license to broker-operate in your province
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.2469755