Aon is looking for an Underwriter
This role is a maternity leave replacement with the possibility of permanence.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting the Underwriting Solutions team, in Calgary, Alberta.
Your impact as an Underwriter
Underwriting Solutions LP is looking for an Underwriter with experience writing general P&C business. Primary duties include:
- Strong understanding of P&C underwriting including strong working knowledge of policy wordings, appropriate covers and rating;
- Underwrite new business and renewal business according to guidelines and authority limits. Refers files along with summary and recommended course of action for those accounts outside of underwriting authority and exceptions to guidelines;
- Ability to work collaboratively with brokers, account executives and markets to ensure positive underwriting outcomes;
- Ability to underwrite to ensure profitability;
- Negotiates and binds terms, conditions and premium for new and renewal accounts within individual assigned portfolio and authority level;
- Responsible for production to generate new business opportunities and retain existing accounts in accordance with the established business goals and targets;
- Participates in self-development activities to improve or develop knowledge of underwriting or business-related subjects;
- Maintain strong working relationships with insurer;
- Keep up to date on changes in the marketplace and with competitors.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum 3-5 years or more experience in Commercial Property/Casualty underwriting;
- Experience in an MGA or Insurance Company, an asset;
- Sound knowledge of policy wordings;
- Strong analytical, mathematical, decision making and negotiating skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proficient computer skills with MS Word, Excel;
- Assertive, committed team player;
- Works independently and makes decisions on individual risk selection and acceptance.
- College Diploma/University degree or equivalent industry experience;
- Level 2 General Alberta license (obtained within 6 months of start);
- CIP designation would be an asset.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.