Aon is looking for a Risk Control Senior Consultant
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Risk Control group within Aon Reed Stenhouse in Vancouver, BC. As a Senior Consultant, you will report directly to the Senior Vice President & Regional Manager Risk Control.
Your impact as a Risk Control Senior Consultant
As a Senior Consultant, Risk Control, your role will be to consult with clients, contractors, regulatory authorities and engineers on risk control matters. This position involves the methodical identification; evaluation and quantification of various risk factors (fire, explosion, natural hazard, machinery breakdown, premises liability, products liability, etc.) and the issuance of pragmatic recommendations aimed to help organizations to manage their potential to losses and improve their overall cost of risk. You will also be accountable for the following:
- Developing, implementing and championing the required Risk Control client service focus by understanding clients’ needs and cultivating trusting relationships with clients and Aon colleagues;
- Contributing to the long-term development of Aon's image in the region by demonstrating a proactive and positive approach to public relations with all contacts including clients, insurers, employees and the public;
- Providing RCS oversight for Aon Clients – participating in annual stewardships to ensure Aon is meeting expectations as per client service planning;
- Proactively identifying opportunities to better serve clients by delivering innovative services and solutions;
- Supporting client retention and business development strategies with Risk Control;
- Working collaboratively with other Canadian Risk Control Teams, and Global Teams to ensure Aon’s best resources globally are delivered to best meet Client needs;
- Ensuring service excellence through the development and implementation of Best Practice Standards and Client Service Protocols (e.g. client service plans, report formats, proposal templates, RFP responses, training programs, etc.);
- Working in concert with Account Executives, Marketing, Claims, and other key internal stakeholders to optimize and execute the process of sales and service and deliver client value;
- Providing insurance marketing support via Risk Control audits, preparing underwriting information reports, outlining recommendations for improvement; prepare loss expectancies and presentation of the risk to insurers on an as required basis;
- Pursuing continuous learning & development, seeking opportunities to build new skills that deliver value to our Aon Clients and Colleagues;
- Fostering and motivating a collaborative team culture across groups, units and teams within the branch;
- Energizing others to live the Aon values to their fullest; models integrity, trust, pride, character and ethics to make a difference in the lives of others;
- Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practice; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in Property Risk Control / Equipment and Machinery (Boiler) Risk Control or related industry experience;
- Relevant experience in Risk Control for Forestry Manufacturing Facilities, Pulp and Paper Mills; Mining and/or Large (Power) Utilities;
- General knowledge of property, boiler & machinery and (commercial) liability insurance;
- Complete understanding of relevant Best Practices in risk control for the forestry manufacturing industries is an asset for this position. Superior knowledge of relevant Fire Protection Codes and Standards (NFPA) is expected;
- Proficient with consequence modeling and loss estimations in the environment of Risk Control Services for the Insurance Industry;
- Expertise conducing inspections and testing of water-based fire protection systems as per NFPA 25 requirements. Specifically, expertise is required for the flow testing of fire pumps, hydrants and sprinkler systems;
- Knowledgeable in completing design reviews for water-based fire protection systems;
- Strong analysis, problem solving and decision making capabilities;
- Proven ability to self-motivate and work independently with minimum supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused with highly-developed relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
Good understanding of Factory Mutual FM Data Sheets and field service methodology is desired.
- Post-Secondary degree with a major in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Fire Protection, Civil, Electrical, or other) is required. Relevant industry experience could be considered as equivalent;
- Currently holding or working towards a related engineering designation will be an asset (i.e.: P.Eng);
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development with a willingness to obtain the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) or Certified Risk Management (CRM) designations is preferred.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.