Aon Is Looking For A Retirement Senior Actuarial Consultant
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Retirement and Investment Consulting business group within Aon’s Norwalk, CT office.
Your Impact As A Retirement Senior Actuarial Consultant
- Manages projects
- Delegates and coaches more junior colleagues
- Reviews work for both accuracy and reasonability.
- Technical leadership on clients, significant role in client meetings.
- Able to communicate on technical topics with clients.
- Takes ownership of issues.
- Proactive in initiating and leading discussions.
- Ensures team follows through.
- Has mastered basic technical concepts and can apply to broader assignments.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Solid administration and staff-level client relationships; developing some relationships with higher level client contacts
- Able to answer client questions without reliance on lead actuary
- Completes some work through others (i.e. delegation)
- play a role in client meetings
- Prepare contribution requirements and accounting costs, with some oversight
- Update valuation runs for any changes and program provisions from scratch
- Interpret valuation results and provide initial recommendations to lead actuary
- Perform more complicated or review more simple pension benefit calculations
- Coach/train entry level students
- Demonstrate flexibility to work additional hours on occasion when client needs dictate
- Draft original materials (e.g. letters, reports, discussion guides) with some guidance
- Valuation programming on ProVal system
- Basic knowledge of funding methods
- Use of valuation software, tailoring, and programming
- Minimum and/or maximum funding calculations
- Reconciliation of liability gains and losses
- Academic background or aptitude in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Economics or Statistics
- 8+ years of actuarial work experience
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.