Aon is looking for a Creative Director
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Marketing & Communications team based in Chicago, IL.
Your impact as a Creative Director
This Leader will be a member of the Global Brand Marketing Center of Excellence leadership team reporting to the Global Head of Brand.
You will serve as a Business Partner to colleagues in the Centers of Excellence for Brand, Communications and Marketing Operations, as well as Aon’s global and regional marketing leadership.
You will lead a small team of designers centrally as well as be expected to influence, inspire and guide the wider global creative network across the regions.
The Creative Director will be responsible for:
- Partnering and working closely with the global and regional marketing leadership to ensure creative work is of the highest caliber and is creatively and strategically aligned.
- Leading a matrix structure of creative colleagues globally to inspire and influence to drive effective and “on-brand” creative solutions
- Developing and managing our central creative team in Chicago to create world class concepts and execution for major initiatives. These programs should inspire and lead the way in being “on-brand” and demonstrating high impact through clear relevance, clarity and consistency.
- Internally, the above will be accomplished by initiating consistent dialogue with Senior and Leadership Team members; Development and refinement of the creative methodology, systems and personnel required to execute compelling, state-of-the-art work and lastly to ensure that Aon has a clear point of visual differentiation as a brand and as a firm.
- Externally, you will provide consistent dialogue with client marketing thought leaders, as well as internal brand and designers and design managers; Development of a “presence” globally to advocate awareness of the Aon point of differentiation.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Partner with commercial and solution teams/subject matter experts to influence strategic, integrated marketing & communications creative campaigns that capitalize on the market opportunity and position Aon in a compelling and distinctive way among key targets
- Collaborate with key global marketing & communications teams including Brand, Content, Digital, Events, Partnerships, Creative, Corporate Communications and external agencies to develop and manage targeted, persona-based campaigns and deliver business outcomes and clearly defined success metrics
- Actively align with Aon brand strategy, messaging and storytelling
- Drive impactful stakeholder relations and reputation management through leadership of global and regional creative teams
- To manage not only the concept strategy but to deliver the creative designs which meet the goals of Aon’s business and marketing objectives
- To effectively lead the central design team and provide vision for the design component of our business, motivate existing staff, recruit new staff as appropriate, and build the confidence of your colleagues.
- Implement new and innovative design practices, take design elements to the next level, and be the thought leader in setting new industry trends
- Bring forth cutting edge design theory and execution of design to the table
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Recognized qualification from a leading design school or an advanced degree in a related area
- 15+ years of professional B2B and design/marketing communications experience
- Experience of working globally
- Experience in managing brand roll-out and implementation programs a plus
- Demonstrated success influencing C-level executives and cross-functional leaders in a complex, matrixed environment
- Demonstrated skills in messaging and positioning offerings
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to execute programs with speed, accuracy and efficiency
- Prior work experience to include significant experience managing within a global business and / or creative consultancy.
- Must be comfortable working in a matrix structure and entrepreneurial environment that demands flexibility, as well as a team-oriented individual with the desire to help structure a healthy, thriving work environment.
- Individual must also be able to get on the boards and have hands-on knowledge of current software packages.
- Demonstration of commitment to ongoing professional development and mentorship
- Experienced recruiter of talent and manager of a team of marketing professional
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.