Aon is looking for a Senior Director, IT Audit
Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is a leading global professional services firm that provides advice and solutions to clients focused on risk, retirement, and health. We currently have an exciting career opportunity for an Internal Audit (IA) Senior Director. is primarily responsible for leading the global Internal Audit assurance and advisory services over information technology (IT) and security risk areas of Aon, including technical assessments of risk areas including cloud computing, cybersecurity, and data protection. As an independent, objective source of assurance and advisory services, this role adds value by bringing a systematic, disciplined and balanced approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management, control and governance processes. It reports to the Vice President, Americas and Shared Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver on a high quality, flexible and risk focused audit plan for Information Technology across all solution lines, services and locations
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with IT and business partners at all levels, along with external auditors, to identify emerging risk issues on a timely basis, as well as provide insightful advice to address risks
- Operate as a thought leader and champion of the Internal Audit vision and strategy by actively collaborating and engaging both within the IA department and with IT and business partners
- Set a high standard and clear expectations for a global team of 5 colleagues; challenge, encourage, motivate, and inspire them to maximize their potential to achieve individual and department objectives
- Support and collaborate with other members of the IA department, providing insights and best practices in enhancing risk coverage in an efficient manner when assessing key IT and security risks in non-IT projects
- Continually identify and drive solutions for greater efficiency and value in all we do, including application of analytics, innovation and agility
- Strong Technical Skills: Expert level knowledge of and experience in application of generally accepted IT management, technology and security risk frameworks including (for example) elements of COSO, COBIT, ITIL, NIST-CSF, and ability to apply framework concepts which align to satisfying specific requirements like privacy (EU GDPR) and other regulatory (UK FCA), as two specific examples.
- Exceptional People Leadership: Talent cultivator with passion for identifying talent and developing and growing others. Energetic and engaged coach who helps teams to “up their game” and perform at the highest levels; Delivers feedback with courage and candor. Prioritizes engagement and inclusion across the team and sets clear performance standards.
- Accountable for Results: Promotes a strong culture of accountability and consistently demonstrates this through their own actions; Recognizes positive contributions while ensuring issues are handled directly and swiftly. Experienced at working closely with operations and able to develop relationships of mutual trust.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Consistently challenges self and others to improve process, delivery and execution; Highest level of curiosity with appetite for learning and sharing knowledge.
- Integrity: Establishes an environment of uncompromising integrity and delivers information in a straightforward and honest way vs. adopting a more political approach; Demonstrates consistent support and alignment with the values of the organization and exhibits impeccable character.
- Thorough & Disciplined: Digs into details while continually able to see the forest for the trees; Sets and enforces appropriate standards and demonstrates a relentless drive to ensure execution; Establishes clear and aligned goals and communicates them effectively; Puts in considerable effort to remove obstacles to achieving business results. Conveys a strong sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
- Engaging, Effective Communicator: Translates broad strategies into specific objectives, metrics and action plans; ensures that efforts across functions, locations and/or organizations are integrated and aligned with strategic objectives; Able to convey subtle or complex messages and highly technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences at all organizational levels; Leverages strong communication skills to influence and/or align others around key actions and decisions required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical disciplines such as IT, MIS or Cybersecurity is required, Master’s degree is preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor certification is required, other certifications including CPA, CIA, or CISSP is preferred.
- 12 plus years of experience in IT Audit, or equivalent assurance or consulting experience in IT assessments, cybersecurity or similar disciplines. Active and recent experience in technical assessments in cybersecurity and data protection disciplines.
- Large industry Internal Audit or Big 4 firm experience preferred.
- Experience in a global, fast paced organization and managing international teams and assignments is preferred.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.