Aon is looking for a Trading Operations Consultant
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting the Aon Hewitt Investment Management team (AHIM), in Montreal, QC. As a Trading Operations Consultant, you will report directly to the Senior Consultant and lead the trading operations team.
Your impact as a Trading Operations Consultant
As a consultant to the AHIM investment operations team, your role will be to carry out operational tasks and provide operational support to the team of portfolio managers and AHIM in general.
Client and fund transactions
- Verify required trades to investment managers and custodians;
- Ensure that all trade executions have been verified with reports received from investment managers and custodians;
- Plan complex future transactions and distribute work;
- Coordinate responses to all requests and requirements from clients, custodians and portfolio managers regarding transactions;
- Help consultants answer client questions regarding transactions;
- Check the rebalancing analysis according to client specifications.
Client and fund Implementation
- Coordinate activities specific to trading operations related to client and fund events (implementation, mandates changes, termination);
- Supervise tasks specific to client operations;
- Participate in client implementation meetings.
- Liaise between consultants, clients and custodians;
- Check and finalize the written procedures;
- Check the work submitted by the analysts;
- Plan and coordinate non-routine activities;
- Maintain a culture of compliance;
- Plan and supervise the training of new employees;
- Work independently and manages complex projects with minimal supervision;
- Lead team meetings;
- Lead the trading operations team and contributes to their career development;
- Collaborate with the AHIM management team;
- Assume the manager’s role in his absence.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in investment operations;
- Prior experience working with custodians, investment managers, investment consultant firms, actuaries, lawyers and other parties involved in the management of pension plans;
- Demonstrates the ability for operational excellence and client service;
- Strong attention to detail and the completion of high quality deliverables;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both French and English;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment.
The CFA designation or participation in the CFA program is an asset.
Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration or commerce or years of equivalent work experience in a relevant sector.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check regarding criminal offence in connection with the position offered, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.